How did you get introduced to demon souls/ dark souls?

#21I_Dont_AgreePosted 2/6/2013 8:15:35 AM
Saw a few commercials for it and thought it looked cool. Got it for Christmas, but didn't play it a lot because it was frustrating and I had other things to play.

So for months it sat under my copies of Skyrim, Bayonetta, CoD: Black Ops (yep...), and Dead Island. But then one day, just out of curiosity, I decided to check it out again.

Then for months all other games just sorta faded away. Even with my rubbish newbie skills and no PvP I was hooked. And now it's one of the few games that I always go back to and it still feels fresh and fun.
---
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#22ugglanPosted 2/6/2013 8:20:16 AM
To be perfectly honest I didn't know until a few weeks ago that the game even existed on the 360. I saw Mike from Cinemassacre's review of the game in my FB feed, and got really interested by what I saw. A few days later I founded a pre-owned LE copy of the game in perfect condition for $11 (or so) at my local Gamestop in Stockholm, Sweden.

Since then I have been playing it almost non stop.... :D
---
GT: SamuelViden
#23TILlegion777Posted 2/6/2013 9:33:05 AM
I happened to come across the Demon's Souls trailer before the game's launch in Japan even, and thought it looked pretty neat. First game I ever pre-ordered. Never looked back.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#24RPGNinja123Posted 2/6/2013 9:55:36 AM
I am always constantly aware of the latest games coming out. So when it was time to buy Dark Souls back in 2011 and I saw Skyrim was coming out as well, it wasn't even a question of which one I was going to buy once I saw that it was made by FROM software I knew it was probably similar to King's Field and Demon Souls, so I had to get it.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#25BlueRunway05Posted 2/6/2013 11:34:47 AM
I honestly never heard of Demon's Souls because I have an Xbox, so one day, I saw a trailer for Dark Souls. I immediately got interested in it. I had a great rare feeling that the game was going to be really good. I was right! I got the game used. I didn't know when the game came out, so I got the game late. I've been playing it since last summer, so yeah...

Later, I heard about Demon's Souls, and I saw that it was on a PS3. I thought, I should've bought a PS3 instead...
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.