Best stability shield for 16 strength?

#11TILlegion777Posted 2/7/2013 7:22:27 AM
Necro_Slain posted...
TILlegion777 posted...
Upgrades with Titantie rather than Twinkling Titanite, and you can find one earlier in the game. Otherwise, not really, no.

The fact that it levels up with Twinkling is a pro, not a con. Twinkling is easy to acquire, and the shield can reach maximum potential without wasting a Slab.

But Black Knight shield is another option. 74 stability and 95 fire resistance, great for certain areas and bosses of the game.

Eh. when I was a new player I didn't end up with boatloads of Twinkling. I tend to imagine most other newer players would be in a similar boat. Might not have/want to use the Twinkling, but willing to buy/farm some Shards to get a +5, or maybe even get some large shards up to +10. Whereas to get the same Stability on the SKS you'd need 4 Twinkling to even it out. 6 if you have enough Chunks lying around for a +14. I didn't get a whole lot more than that my first playthrough, and most people tend to spend it on a weapon before a shield.

But yeah, late game/next game, Twinkling's less of a big deal. If you have spare Twinkling, and don't need to save it for use on weapons, then yeah. Silver Knight all the way.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#12ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/7/2013 7:25:06 AM
Necro_Slain posted...
TILlegion777 posted...
Upgrades with Titantie rather than Twinkling Titanite, and you can find one earlier in the game. Otherwise, not really, no.

The fact that it levels up with Twinkling is a pro, not a con. Twinkling is easy to acquire, and the shield can reach maximum potential without wasting a Slab.

But Black Knight shield is another option. 74 stability and 95 fire resistance, great for certain areas and bosses of the game.

True. I use black knight during a lot of pve. I use silver for pvp since the magic protection is higher.
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#13moodyjm2Posted 2/7/2013 7:57:30 AM
Baldur has lower elemental defenses and requires a slab.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#14Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:31:28 PM
Thanks for all the info! I think I'll go for the silver shield but Ill carry some of the other ones mentioned for certain situations.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#15MattheauPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:13 AM
TILlegion777 posted...
Eh. when I was a new player I didn't end up with boatloads of Twinkling. I tend to imagine most other newer players would be in a similar boat. Might not have/want to use the Twinkling, but willing to buy/farm some Shards to get a +5, or maybe even get some large shards up to +10. Whereas to get the same Stability on the SKS you'd need 4 Twinkling to even it out. 6 if you have enough Chunks lying around for a +14. I didn't get a whole lot more than that my first playthrough, and most people tend to spend it on a weapon before a shield.

You can buy Twinkling Titanite from a fairly obvious NPC.

You can not buy everything to upgrade normal items.

If anything, it's easier for a new player not looking at a guide to upgrade Twinkling Titanite items, not harder. They might not realize it immediately, but they should once they find that NPC.
#16RanmaRanmaPosted 2/9/2013 12:31:24 PM
You can buy titanite earlier and cheaper. Minus the last upgrade, a +14 shield earlier will be more useful early on than waiting to get enough twinkling. Also, you can super easily farm green titanite from slugs and convert 1 of those for 5 titanite. Twinkling is 8k per and much later to both buy and farm reliably.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#17ZamussPosted 2/9/2013 2:47:29 PM
RanmaRanma posted...
You can buy titanite earlier and cheaper. Minus the last upgrade, a +14 shield earlier will be more useful early on than waiting to get enough twinkling. Also, you can super easily farm green titanite from slugs and convert 1 of those for 5 titanite. Twinkling is 8k per and much later to both buy and farm reliably.

You can also easily get enoug twinkling to +4 an item before facing the gargoyles and while a +14 shield would be useful I would rather get a +14 weapon or +4 lighting and unless you farm you won't get enough chunks to get both, by the time you can farm large titanite you can easily aquire another 20 twinklings enougt to +5 two items.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#18bdmb7Posted 2/10/2013 6:13:53 PM
greatshield of artorias is baller.
---
Guitar Hero Legend.