Murder Me For Science 2: Dying For ?PN? Armor Research

#11AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:46:56 PM
J28Shammgod posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
J28Shammgod posted...
My exact build:

https://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=250177210639873675

Oh, cool. Thanks for helping me out last night btw.

No problem. I was like "who is this giant trying to steal my humanity while popping mushrooms?" Lol

I thought you were asleep or something, so I tried kicking you a little bit. When you still didn't move, I was like: "Everyone freaks the hell out when I do this..." and went for the Dark Hand, and you didn't disappoint. XD

I've gotten weird hatemail because I was doing that nonsense all night to people. Show up, punch/kick the hell out of them, then just run around and not even attack to take notes on how effective their different spells/attacks were. If something seemed to be doing well against the armor, I'd shoot them a message and ask them about their stats/weapons so I could record it. My favorite was a guy messaged me: "Excuse me sir, WTF are you doing???" the third time I wound up in his game.

Do you remember by chance the numbers you were getting on the MGLS on your end? It's kind of difficult for me to gauge simply by using my health-bar since everyone's HP can be different. Having someone to report concrete numbers to me from their end would be immensely beneficial.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#12J28ShammgodPosted 2/7/2013 12:58:43 PM
It's hard to remember. I had a few Sam Adams last night. I think it was around 350-450. 500 on the backstabs. I know it was only like 250-350 with the BSs and cmw depending of I was countering your dark hand punches. Lol!
---
Mission: The destruction of any and all Chinese Communists.
#13AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:29:06 PM
Houston, would you be willing to post the stats breakdown of the other ?PN? sets when you have time?
---
#14AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:30:40 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
LoneReaper115 posted...
And that's not even on a quality build and you're seeing damage like that!

Yeah... the character I'm testing with is a Strength/Faith build meant to use Divine/Occult weapons or a Claymore +15 with DMB+3 buffs. I've got **** for Dexterity.

EDIT: Also, these attacks were not buffed with DMB+3. That's just regular cleaving away/backstabbing with the sword two-handed.

I've got a strength/ dex build that can use sunlight blade. I'd be willing to contribute to research later, maybe the sword vs the havel's.

Don't lie. You're going to steal this crystal monstrosity, run off, and use it to wreak havoc. :D
---
#15The_PwnisherPosted 2/7/2013 2:19:21 PM
I'm sure you could hex edit other armors to be ?PN? with ridiculous stats, though I do not know much about hex editing. I did make a ?PN? black leather armor that had the stats of a regular one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELhEguhU8M
#16AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:29:31 PM
The_Pwnisher posted...
I'm sure you could hex edit other armors to be ?PN? with ridiculous stats, though I do not know much about hex editing. I did make a ?PN? black leather armor that had the stats of a regular one.

The reason why the ?PN? armor balances are so high is because they've edited equipment that isn't supposed to be upgradeable. So you take a set like Havel's, which is pretty solid in its own right, then scale that thing up to +10 (or +15?) and you end up with all of the stats going up to ridiculous levels.

Since the other armors are meant to be upgraded, that whole "forced +10" thing just gives you an item with the stats you would've had if you'd just upgraded it normally.

The guys you see in regular armor that don't take crap for damage (not the 9999999HP modders, but they'd be in an Elite Knight set or something and your attacks are somehow only doing 20 damage with max-upgraded weapons) are modders that've hacked their Resistance up to some ridiculous 999999 number so they're nigh-impervious to damage.
---
#17ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/7/2013 2:30:43 PM
How long does it take for these armors and weapons to be available after a game is released? I know for sure if it gets to the point I am only running into these PN armor hackers I for sure will not be playing pvp so much.

So if DkS2 drops and all this stuff is hacked immediately I will have a better mind to say screw pvp. I have like 6 pvp builds now, And at least 500 hours I guarantee I won't be making more than one or two builds if all I do is fight invincible Gankers in the sequel.

Maybe there a better fight would be to let From know that we won't be bothering to play a game that allows **** to go on. I know I'm writing Xbox and them about it myself. Hacking made me lose my interest on ps3 years ago. For the same crap of people modding.
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#18LoneReaper115Posted 2/7/2013 2:35:46 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
LoneReaper115 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
LoneReaper115 posted...

Yeah... the character I'm testing with is a Strength/Faith build meant to use Divine/Occult weapons or a Claymore +15 with DMB+3 buffs. I've got **** for Dexterity.

EDIT: Also, these attacks were not buffed with DMB+3. That's just regular cleaving away/backstabbing with the sword two-handed.

I've got a strength/ dex build that can use sunlight blade. I'd be willing to contribute to research later, maybe the sword vs the havel's.

Don't lie. You're going to steal this crystal monstrosity, run off, and use it to wreak havoc. :D

;P

I also wouldn't mind testing your poison and bleed resistances with my guy either. I mean in the name of science and all. I'll be honest with you, at this point, we're just throwing science at a wall and seeing what sticks.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#19AngryOldFeral(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:19:36 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
LoneReaper115 posted...
AngryOldFeral posted...
LoneReaper115 posted...

;P

I also wouldn't mind testing your poison and bleed resistances with my guy either. I mean in the name of science and all. I'll be honest with you, at this point, we're just throwing science at a wall and seeing what sticks.

The full set's bleed and poison resistance are relatively low (273 for the set). Bleed would probably be a better route to take... Black Iron mix + Bloodshield + Bloodbite Ring and a Lifehunt Scythe so you can just chop away, drain the HP, etc.

The ?WN? sword vs. the ?PN? armor would be interesting, but at the same time I'm trying to find the most efficient means of dismantling a player in the armor using regular in-game methods. If the only option to kill guys with modded gear is to kill them with your own modded gear, then that kind of defeats the purpose.

And yeah, we're pretty much taking a bizarre stance of "science" here.
---
#20The_PwnisherPosted 2/7/2013 3:25:12 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
The_Pwnisher posted...

The reason why the ?PN? armor balances are so high is because they've edited equipment that isn't supposed to be upgradeable. So you take a set like Havel's, which is pretty solid in its own right, then scale that thing up to +10 (or +15?) and you end up with all of the stats going up to ridiculous levels.

Since the other armors are meant to be upgraded, that whole "forced +10" thing just gives you an item with the stats you would've had if you'd just upgraded it normally.

The guys you see in regular armor that don't take crap for damage (not the 9999999HP modders, but they'd be in an Elite Knight set or something and your attacks are somehow only doing 20 damage with max-upgraded weapons) are modders that've hacked their Resistance up to some ridiculous 999999 number so they're nigh-impervious to damage.

I know what it is the point I was trying to make was other then the standard non upgradable armors that get upgrades i.e. Havels that are included with the DSSE , you could most likely hex edit things that do have normal upgrades and make your own ?PN? equipment.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELhEguhU8M