Really!?

#1Darex2013Posted 2/7/2013 12:03:16 PM
So i recently started pvp, i'm a catbro and even though darkroot forest is filled with gankers i'm still having a lot of fun. so during one match this happened, at first all i saw were some gankers but then they both bowed and i was in a 1v1 with the summon spirit a few moments later the summon was almost dead then all of a sudden there was a sword through my chest the host backstabbed me once he saw i was winning. is this what i can expect from most pvp matches?
---
My GT:Darex221
#2NarzodPosted 2/7/2013 12:04:48 PM
Never trust a host with a white phantom.
---
GT IllicitCypress
#3SirEsquireIIIPosted 2/7/2013 12:13:14 PM
Yes.
#4AngryOldFeralPosted 2/7/2013 12:19:40 PM
Narzod posted...
Never trust a host with a white phantom.

This.

If you spawn, and they have a phantom then skip any expectation of etiquette, fair dueling, etc. Play like a bastard, and use the cheapest tactics you can think of. :)
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#5Insanity_184Posted 2/7/2013 12:22:52 PM
Honestly a good tactic may be to retreat to the bridge outside of the covent leaders home.
There you should be able to force them to fight you 1v1, though doesn't do much for magic unless you stand at the very end and hide behind the wall for casting.

If they try to bait you out just waiit, more covent warriors are one the way i am sure.
---
Its a big universe and we are one life form, why it is not visible God created Evolution as sort of the greatest reality show in existence. GT: Insanity184
#6ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/7/2013 1:46:22 PM
Insanity_184 posted...
Honestly a good tactic may be to retreat to the bridge outside of the covent leaders home.
There you should be able to force them to fight you 1v1, though doesn't do much for magic unless you stand at the very end and hide behind the wall for casting.

If they try to bait you out just waiit, more covent warriors are one the way i am sure.

Or if you feel really outmatched go over that bridge but hide at the mushroom parents. Let them agro them and your have some hard hitting allies. One time I ran all the way there and the mushrooms were dead tho :(
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#7JPawesomePosted 2/7/2013 1:50:46 PM(edited)
There's a reason why the backstab mechanic is in the game, and it's not so you can make a topic whining about it.

NEXT!
---
Yes, I know you're trying to do things the stealthy way, but sometimes the enemies get so plentiful you just want to blow 'em up.
#8Darex2013(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:55:38 PM
JPawesome posted...
There's a reason why the backstab mechanic is in the game, and it's not so you can make a topic whining about it.

NEXT!

Why that's very nice of you I thought game faqs was about giving tips helping people out and sharing you're experience with games I guess I was wrong
---
My GT:Darex221
#9RazhofFlamePosted 2/7/2013 3:04:09 PM
Darex2013 posted...
JPawesome posted...

NEXT!

Why that's very nice of you I thought game faqs was about giving tips helping people out and sharing you're experience with games I guess I was wrong

Unfortunately that's just this board. Split right down the middle between helpful people who want to keep the game alive and fresh with new people, and tryhard children who want to scare all the newbies away. On topic it's happened to me many times. Though more often it's he host being polite and his phantom-in-hiding ambushing me the moment the host starts losing. Most of the time when i see a host AND phantom bow they still fight me together but for the most part they fight fair. No fishing, twop spam, etc. Some people like to make themselves feel like they're being honorable and fair...until they realize they've pretty much lost.
---
GT: Jaak Flak
#10JPawesomePosted 2/7/2013 3:17:34 PM
Darex2013 posted...
JPawesome posted...

NEXT!

Here's a tip: Switch between locking on and fighting unlocked. You can't fight completely unlocked, but shield-strafing or side-rolling the whole time is asking to be roll-BS'd.

Still though, this topic (complaining about being backstabbed or parried) has been done to death.
---
Yes, I know you're trying to do things the stealthy way, but sometimes the enemies get so plentiful you just want to blow 'em up.