Really!?

#11CovreaperPosted 2/7/2013 4:27:15 PM
You'll run into it but lately me and my buddy will do to the death 1v1 unless something "cheap" (chainstabbing/healing/etc...) happens then the poor guy gets it from both ends. Just try to keep both of them in your sight if possible, that way you can't get backstabbed, though it can be hard at times...also if the area is cleared try and move the "1v1" away from the other player. Personally, I stay close enough to help should the above cheapness happen but I try to stay on the fringe of the battle and watch...it can be good experience.
---
Gamertag: Covreaper
#12Rude HeroPosted 2/7/2013 6:32:57 PM
Just never expect 100% honour. It's an individual trait and if one person doesn't want you'll have to accept that your odds of winning have probably decreased, not impossible though. Learn the layout and use tactics!

They're PVPing because they want a kill, use that against them.
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#13BaalbusterxboxPosted 2/7/2013 6:45:31 PM
The advice about not trusting a host with a phantom is mostly apt... Anyone who gives a self gratifying answer followed by a dismissive NEXT is just a troll and not to be addressed... As for your question, no it's not necessarily to be expected all around... Certain areas have a unwritten code about them, namely the undead burg and the kiln where a larger group of players will be there for competetive dueling (gankers and hackers are everywhere unfortunately) but there are less in those places than say the forest, where people use ganking and the fact that there is no level restrictions to there advantage... But as said before, there are other places where people bow and fight fair in much higher numbers.... Best not to get discouraged and take solace that as a catbro, you risk nothing as an invader, anyone you kill however will have to traverse to get their souls back.... It's the best place to learn pvp on a basic level, you'll be attacked with the cheapest of tactics and be forced to learn how to counter them.... Just remember that not every weapon is good in every situation, and learn when it's good to play unlocked vs locked on... Enjoy most of all and never feel bad about a loss when someone ganked you, if you pull a 1v2 victory... You eviscerated both of them and that's always a good feeling... My other advice is in regards to etiquette, just cause you get ganked in the forest doesn't mean you should gank yrself... Especially against someone who hasn't ganked you before.
---
War pick + leo
#14Darex2013(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:08:33 PM
Baalbusterxbox posted...
The advice about not trusting a host with a phantom is mostly apt... Anyone who gives a self gratifying answer followed by a dismissive NEXT is just a troll and not to be addressed... As for your question, no it's not necessarily to be expected all around... Certain areas have a unwritten code about them, namely the undead burg and the kiln where a larger group of players will be there for competetive dueling (gankers and hackers are everywhere unfortunately) but there are less in those places than say the forest, where people use ganking and the fact that there is no level restrictions to there advantage... But as said before, there are other places where people bow and fight fair in much higher numbers.... Best not to get discouraged and take solace that as a catbro, you risk nothing as an invader, anyone you kill however will have to traverse to get their souls back.... It's the best place to learn pvp on a basic level, you'll be attacked with the cheapest of tactics and be forced to learn how to counter them.... Just remember that not every weapon is good in every situation, and learn when it's good to play unlocked vs locked on... Enjoy most of all and never feel bad about a loss when someone ganked you, if you pull a 1v2 victory... You eviscerated both of them and that's always a good feeling... My other advice is in regards to etiquette, just cause you get ganked in the forest doesn't mean you should gank yrself... Especially against someone who hasn't ganked you before.

Thanks for the tip man the MLGS has won me several 2v1 fights and that gankers are reckless
---
My GT:Darex221
#15HoustonBoy98Posted 2/7/2013 10:11:32 PM
best way you can troll gankers.

Just run to the hydra. :)

So much hatemail from people.

You stop anyone else from invading, and they either have to dashboard, or go down and kill you, making them have to run all the way back to the forest. Losing their phantoms.

I do that when I get tired of constantly 3v1ing.
---
Official Gold Tracer of the Dark Souls Board. Find someone. Rushdown Move on.
XBL - Stillnacht
#16Darex2013(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:45:02 PM
HoustonBoy98 posted...

You stop anyone else from invading, and they either have to dashboard, or go down and kill you, making them have to run all the way back to the forest. Losing their phantoms.

I do that when I get tired of constantly 3v1ing.

Haha I must try this
---
My GT:Darex221
#17beggargirlPosted 2/7/2013 10:55:09 PM
HoustonBoy98 posted...

I had someone message me to "please leave", so him and his sunbro didn't have to come get me or trigger the boss fight.

And don't forget to jump up on Bad Cat Hill and fill it with prism stones and have a trident rave party up there with the cats.
#18SesshoruPosted 2/7/2013 10:55:56 PM
Darex2013 posted...

Thanks for the tip man the MLGS has won me several 2v1 fights and that gankers are reckless

Lol MLGS is good like that. Miracles and dark sorceries (if you have dlc) also help you in 1v2. Throw in some GC and Black Flame if have souls for the glove. As others have said don't expect honor in the forest, as a Catbro there's no penalty for losing and people know this. Most gank-squads also know that if a second Catbro is summoned they're much less likely to survive. Tbh I'm happy if I'm just facing regular players and not hackers.
#19hak145Posted 2/7/2013 11:02:52 PM
TC i dont think its a good idea to take your eyes completely off the other player even if your assuming its going to be a one on one.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#20MattheauPosted 2/8/2013 6:07:37 AM
The Forest Hunter covenant basically exists to try to gank people for going into a certain area. You really shouldn't be shocked that not everyone is going to follow a set of unwritten rules about fair PvP against them, especially when they are the only one with something to lose.