I just cant play dark souls anymore

#1Dex_PyromaniacPosted 2/9/2013 4:22:50 AM
I will make one last build before I go out (I know, thats what we all say and Im sure ill be back too after a few months or even just weeks xD), which will be a buffed great scythe sorcerer, to try the things I always dismissed as 'worthless' (thinking about it, with pursuers putting on the pressure and the great scythes running attack starting up so quickly, it actually sounds a lot better than i thought :D)

The main problem is.... its just no longer fun. Its been a good run, but I think thats it for me with this girl, ive cheated on her with fighters and they stole my heart with all their complexity... theres just so much to LEARN in those games! As sexy as dark souls is, shes just way too simple for my tastes.

Goodnight sweet prince(ss).
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#2Cvdf3Posted 2/9/2013 5:13:35 AM(edited)
Hehe, I don't think the devs ever imagined people would go for the PvP as much as they did.
Simple sums it up pretty well, but it's odd how addicting it still managed to be (I'll chuck that up to the weapon variety).

What fighters are you playing? I have had a strange urge to try and get into the genre lately (besides button mashing my way through Soul Calibur II as a kid).
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#3giantsirslayerPosted 2/9/2013 6:24:23 AM
I'm running into the same problem maybe when I finish other games I might come back
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#4LoneReaper115Posted 2/9/2013 7:00:22 AM
I love the game, but I have others that need some tlc. Maybe after I get the last couple achievements, I might go for a bit. I'll keep my mule around for those who need it.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#5Art Of DrowningPosted 2/9/2013 7:12:21 AM
Hit the same feelings a month ago. It is especially boring after spending a few solid hours honing your skills in a particular fighting game and after being able to see yourself progress with your character the coming back to Dark Souls.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#6ZOMBIEHEADZoCOMPosted 2/9/2013 7:26:46 AM
I play mostly one game at a time. As soon as Gears comes out ill be having some neglected dark souls characters. Except for if we hold any tournaments. Or things like gravelord day :)
---
GT: ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM
#7RaptorkittyPosted 2/9/2013 7:32:10 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
Hehe, I don't think the devs ever imagined people would go for the PvP as much as they did.
Simple sums it up pretty well, but it's odd how addicting it still managed to be (I'll chuck that up to the weapon variety).

What fighters are you playing? I have had a strange urge to try and get into the genre lately (besides button mashing my way through Soul Calibur II as a kid).

Ah, so many memories with SC2. I miss MK though. I got good with it at one point, but thats gone now.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Infamous, Castlevania:LoS
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#8beggargirlPosted 2/9/2013 9:50:03 AM
Are you saying you will be stopping by our Gravelord night as part of your last hurrah?

#9pjcamperPosted 2/9/2013 11:03:03 AM
I only stop in for events these days, sometimes I miss them as well. Problem is I just finished Platinum on Demon's Souls and it is really slow, PVP-wise. I may play around a little with some of the unique weapons there but, for the most part, I'm done with it too. Guess I'll work through Dishonored and a couple of other titles I couldn't finish. Also have a backlog of books, like Game of Thrones.
---
The real men of Mass Effect, Demon Souls and Dark Souls use a Claymore
XBL/PSN: pjcamper
#10Dex_Pyromaniac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:38:22 PM
Cvdf3 posted...

Right now, sfxt, but I was pretty big on tekken 6 when I had my xbox and when I went out with bros to the arcades (mained Law and f***ed around with jin and kazuya a lot) I even did a few local tourneys

Art Of Drowning posted...
Hit the same feelings a month ago. It is especially boring after spending a few solid hours honing your skills in a particular fighting game and after being able to see yourself progress with your character the coming back to Dark Souls.

Few solid hours being 150+ for me in sfxt so far, its so damn addicting :D

beggargirl posted...
Are you saying you will be stopping by our Gravelord night as part of your last hurrah?

No xbox, so doubt it :/
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff