This community complains far too much.

#1AlpaIPosted 2/11/2013 1:47:09 PM
I've been playing this game for about a month and I've put in around 130 hours of gameplay so far. I've experienced the majority of "cheap" losses (Ganked, Hornet, Magic, Spears, and everything else) and I've definitely moaned and complained over these things in my limited time on this game...

Although I'm growing entirely bored and tired of everyone calling everything cheap. Every single day I receive around 10 messages from people complaining about various techniques (Most of which I'm not even doing) as I'm sure you all do too. I'm not sure if this is unique to this game or all PvP style games have this obscene amount of stupidity. I've noticed a lot of this complaining has even made it to the forums as well. It's pretty disgusting to see people complain about certain weapons being "cheap", "ogm spears are so cheap".

In closing:

There's plenty of legitimate things to complain about in this game and please start using common sense when you complain because everytime we complain about things like "omg spears r op" it hurts the legitimacy of complaints about actual broken game mechanics.
---
I'm Always Right
#2andy12handyPosted 2/11/2013 1:48:39 PM(edited)
omg dagger is like the cheapest weapon in the game.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#3puskydbPosted 2/11/2013 1:50:02 PM
Agreed, that people simple don't know how to play. Actualy, it's pretty easy to kill Spear users... But as you said, everyone has they own play style.
---
GT: Cryser Crimsom
#4TheDarkone21Posted 2/11/2013 1:52:49 PM
Fire and Lightning bonewheel shields are OP!
---
Official Chaos Notched Whip of the Dark Souls 360 board.
GT: IwuzPh34rless
#5RazhofFlamePosted 2/11/2013 2:18:57 PM
Charred Ring kicks are clearly OP. Fire damage from your foot? Come on.
---
GT: Jaak Flak
#6TheDarkone21Posted 2/11/2013 2:54:19 PM
RazhofFlame posted...
Charred Ring kicks are clearly OP. Fire damage from your foot? Come on.

Very true. I have a build centered around it and the chaos notched whip.
---
Official Chaos Notched Whip of the Dark Souls 360 board.
GT: IwuzPh34rless
#7nash7744Posted 2/11/2013 3:15:25 PM
I've logged probably some where in the nieghborhood of 1000 hours in this game and I've never heard complaining about weapons...especially on this board, perhaps I just missed them. The only things I complain about and always will are those whom attack while spawning and those who lag stab. There's nothing that pissed me off than getting back stabbed while facing someone. Ganking doesn't really bother me anymore, I just drop my armor and run around naked just to piss them off. If its 1 on 1 than I feel anything goes including wotg spamming...I don't like getting killed by it but it is an ability ones build has. Weapons I have no issue with at at.
---
GT shoulda2000
#8Krauser86Posted 2/11/2013 3:18:15 PM
I got yet another guy complaining today when I roll backstabbed him because he kept going for backstab.

Typical day of Dark Souls.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#9AlpaI(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:29:51 PM
nash7744 posted...
I've logged probably some where in the nieghborhood of 1000 hours in this game and I've never heard complaining about weapons...especially on this board, perhaps I just missed them. The only things I complain about and always will are those whom attack while spawning and those who lag stab. There's nothing that pissed me off than getting back stabbed while facing someone. Ganking doesn't really bother me anymore, I just drop my armor and run around naked just to piss them off. If its 1 on 1 than I feel anything goes including wotg spamming...I don't like getting killed by it but it is an ability ones build has. Weapons I have no issue with at at.

Perhaps I've stumbled upon the rare instances, I'm not sure.
---
I'm Always Right
#10Deified_DataPosted 2/11/2013 3:42:03 PM
I don't fault people for "lagstabbing". It's not like they're actually teleporting or anything, it just looks that way. They have to pull off a legitimate backstab in any case. I think the only thing that bothers me about it is that the technique is used more by people who want to pop in and win than people who actually want a good fight.