Best weapon for a dex/int crystal magic/power within buff build?

#21Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:46:46 PM
I was thinking balder side sword for regular enemies then Ricard's for bosses. Do I have to 2 hand Ricard's for that R2 boss killing move? I'm not super confident in not being able to block, especially with Manus and Kalameet. I dread those guys.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#22Art Of DrowningPosted 2/13/2013 9:40:50 PM
The 2 hand does more damage, but it should matter too much.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#23Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:50:40 PM
Okay, last question. I'm definitely using Ricard's for bosses, but should I bother getting the Balder side sword and upgrading it for regular enemies, or would Ricard's be good for them too? I plan on keeping my attunement low, at least in the beginning so Ill probably not have buffs active for non-boss enemies.
---
#24moodyjm2Posted 2/14/2013 4:47:40 AM
Ritalinfiend posted...
Okay, last question. I'm definitely using Ricard's for bosses, but should I bother getting the Balder side sword and upgrading it for regular enemies, or would Ricard's be good for them too? I plan on keeping my attunement low, at least in the beginning so Ill probably not have buffs active for non-boss enemies.

BSS would be better for PvP as well.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#25DartDragoonPosted 2/14/2013 8:56:50 AM
Ritalinfiend posted...
DartDragoon posted...
Oh my melee mage build I alternate uses between:

- Enchanted Uchigatana +5 (All around powerful weapon)
- Ricard's Rapier + 15 (To destroy bosses with CMW)
- Balder Side Sword +15 (Mainly for PvP, buffed with CMW)
- Lifehunt Scythe +5 (Badass bleed weapon PvE and PvP)

What makes Ricard's Rapier better then the balder side sword for bosses?

If you use R2 twice with Ricard's Rapier, the first hit will be 2 quick hits and the second attack is 4 very fast hits that just wrecks anything that doesn't move too fast (most of the bosses)

With that build, the only shields you need are Grass Crest Shield (make sure you upgrade it, it ends up with decent stability) and Bloodshield to use in combo with Lifehunt Scythe.

Some people may use Crest Shield too but I don't think it's that necessary.

Rings are up to you, but I use Favor and Protection + Bellowing Dragon Ring (the +sorcery damage one) or Bloodbite Ring when using Lifehunt Scythe
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#26Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:32:06 AM
Cool, thanks for all the tips. I've been using the balder side sword, Ricard's rapier and uchigatana. I like them all. Really enjoying this build. I'm using the silver knight shield though, most of the time. I like the stability.
---