So I finally gave in and used Pursuers Dark Magic...

#1Necro_Fear89Posted 2/13/2013 3:22:11 PM
And proceeded to steamroll everyone who couldn't dodge it, which was the majority of the people I fought. I think only one person managed to successfully roll through it, and I have to say, I am not having fun one shotting everyone, what's the appeal? Win at all costs? Kind of lame knowing I more than likely will win because the majority of the community can't roll through it :/

Switching back to soul and crystal magic lol, I might just pull it out once in a while to kill gankers in the forest though xD
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#2moodyjm2Posted 2/13/2013 3:26:12 PM
I don't like it because it takes up 2 slots for 3 uses.

It kills people that that don't know what to do. It's not hard to see it tracks you slowly so keep dodging or using the environment if you are hesistant to dodge into it.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#3beggargirlPosted 2/13/2013 3:34:41 PM
Persuers I don't have a problem with.

For the love of all that is holy I cannot handle that Dark Bead gunshot blast.
#4IRON-SWANPosted 2/13/2013 3:41:42 PM
moodyjm2 posted...

This . But ill use it anyway , its great for keeping the pressure on . And if they use the silver pendant I get a free hit with CSS or deagon breath
---
"One's demise is always one's own doing"
GT: IRON SWAN666
#5Necro_Fear89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:19:03 PM
moodyjm2 posted...

It kills people that that don't know what to do. It's not hard to see it tracks you slowly so keep dodging or using the environment if you are hesistant to dodge into it.

I'm really glad it costs 2 slots, and is only 3 casts. Its a really powerful spell, as for Dark Bead I feel its really balanced as it is. Its only really damaging if you're hugging the person casting it, bleh...magic is boring to me in general, nothing like a good 'ol beating to a pulp with a weapon.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#6moodyjm2Posted 2/13/2013 4:37:21 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

I'm really glad it costs 2 slots, and is only 3 casts. Its a really powerful spell, as for Dark Bead I feel its really balanced as it is. Its only really damaging if you're hugging the person casting it, bleh...magic is boring to me in general, nothing like a good 'ol beating to a pulp with a weapon.

Dark Bead is far from balanced. Low req, fast cast speed and ability to one-shot people easily.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#7Krauser86Posted 2/13/2013 5:00:32 PM(edited)
Pursuers is so easy to avoid now that I know how. All I do is make it come at me from an angle, and then roll right (or left) into it and then immediately roll the opposite way and it loses tracking on me and disappears. I do more of the same rolls if it manages to keep track on me.

Dark Bead is kinda the same, whenever I know they're gonna spam it I just get close and ready up to roll BS them. Works every time. Dark Bead is such an awful spell now, and it's practically almost useless. The element of surprise closer to DLC release was what got everyone OHKed by it... whereas now the majority of players (at least that I've fought on my glass cannon build) can dodge it consistently.

Closer to release they were more of a problem, but once you learn how to avoid them most of the time, they become much less of a problem.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#8Max58201Posted 2/13/2013 5:24:50 PM
there has always been that crutch people rely on that is one of those you will win everytime against a newer player

twop had its run before the nerf

wotg spam had its run

lightning zwei turtles had their run

great club rolling attack spam

bkga turtles abusing the horrid dead angles... hated that weapon would block an attack head on and still get hit

now its dark magic

they are basically things that almost guarantee a win against someone without a higher lv of skill but are worthless against those who know how to counter it

i give it a week after dark souls 2 launch before people find a crutch to hide behind

i don't blame them though until I'm familiar with the game you better believe i will use everything i can to live Haha
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#9AngryOldFeralPosted 2/13/2013 5:26:32 PM
beggargirl posted...
Persuers I don't have a problem with.

For the love of all that is holy I cannot handle that Dark Bead gunshot blast.

High-poise tank. Greatsword. Vow of Silence.

Receive hatemail. :D
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#10CStickPosted 2/13/2013 5:36:49 PM
the thing that makes Dark Magic users so easy to kill is that they give it away the moment they spawn. If I see someone with dark orbs running at me, I just quickly cast Great Magic Barrier, and it's over before it starts.
---
I like you Cstick. You got balls. I like balls.~Chesterr01
Southern VA smasher and Official Lifehunt Scythe of Dark Souls