vs Magic users

#1yojaxxPosted 2/13/2013 5:02:40 PM
I swear every phantom and his dog are magic users recently. I personally love swinging a sword, so most of my builds to-date focus on strength or dex. It's just my play preference. BUT I must say magic users seem to get an awesome deal. Their damage output is amazing and they can fight from a distance.

Now maybe I'm just crap at PvP, but I have a really hard time fighting magic users. Melee fights are not an issue, but as soon as my invader swings their staff revealing four magic balls floating over his/her head I know there's a high chance I'm gonna get my arse kicked.

Any help advice please?
#2NarzodPosted 2/13/2013 5:07:18 PM
Carry a Crest Shield until you get better at dodging whichever spells are giving you trouble.
---
GT IllicitCypress
#3EdgeofLethePosted 2/13/2013 5:09:24 PM
GMB forces them to run around/away or plan B for a while. You should be able to rush down a bit unless they get a really good head start.
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#4Max58201Posted 2/13/2013 5:16:04 PM
it is very possible to make templer build *dragon age reference*

greater magic barrier

crest shield

isn't there a spell that silences you and those around you?

can use these and still have a very viable melee build they don't take too much stat investment and make magic silly
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#5Necro_Fear89Posted 2/13/2013 5:22:12 PM
Max58201 posted...
it is very possible to make templer build *dragon age reference*

greater magic barrier

crest shield

isn't there a spell that silences you and those around you?

can use these and still have a very viable melee build they don't take too much stat investment and make magic silly

Vow of Silence,

Cast that and see them panic, or scratch their head as they can't cast spells. Only spell I have issues dodging is Pursuers, other than that I can dodge everything else pretty well.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#6Fo_lc_usPosted 2/13/2013 9:48:08 PM
If only there was some crazy type of technique that makes you invincible for certain frames of animations.

Golly, the possibilities!
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#7Art Of DrowningPosted 2/13/2013 11:16:56 PM
Fo_lc_us posted...
If only there was some crazy type of technique that makes you invincible for certain frames of animations.

Yeah, and imagine if the technique could also reposition you into a safer place or a position to counter attack!

You just have to learn how to dodge different spells. They have different timings and some methods are easier/safer than others. Some spells are easier/harder to dodge etc. It just takes practice. For Pursuers, they are slow enough that you can unlock and RUN from them. Or as they start to home, just roll back a few times and let it end.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#8Scorpian_KingPosted 2/13/2013 11:29:32 PM
I like to roll straight through pursuers. The caster is so surprised that someone actually rolled through his spell and then they are not the best at sword play usually. I am a mage first and a melee fighter second but I have done so much melee combat with the several melee only builds I have done opponents are surprised by the mage capable of more than spamming spells which should not ever hit.
#9moodyjm2Posted 2/14/2013 4:46:32 AM
Fo_lc_us posted...

Haha so true. Dodge is really the best defensive tactic in the game.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#10Dex_PyromaniacPosted 2/14/2013 5:35:19 AM
I dunno how good magic users are on xbox but whenever I rolled through pursuers I occasionally rolled straight into a backstab or a buffed running attack, neither of which are really nice to your hp bar, so I suggest you dont roll through it unless you have DWGR and can follow up with a second roll straight away
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff