Weapon/armor advice

#1St0ve1Posted 2/14/2013 4:16:12 PM
Hi, right now I'm using the BKS, but I want to switch to the greatsword for TARKUS! But my freind told me to use the large club instead, but that swing speed is so SLOW. So, should I stick with BKS, go wit greatsword, or man up and use the large club? And for armor, I'm using gough helm+5, golem chest/leggings, and black iron gauntlets+5. Should I switch to a different armor,or is my setup fine(I don't want to use the giant set, don't want to be hated by millions) thank you in advance for your help
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#2ZamussPosted 2/14/2013 4:33:32 PM
We need to know you stats, for armor just wear whatever combinations gives you the most poise at your desired movement cap.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#3St0ve1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:37:09 PM
Zamuss posted...
We need to know you stats, for armor just wear whatever combinations gives you the most poise at your desired movement cap.

I can't get to my stats at the moment, but a estimate is: 40ish endurance. 40 strengh. 18 dexterity. 30 faith.
---
#4St0ve1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:39:00 PM
Zamuss posted...

Wait, actual protection doesn't matter? I don't care about movement speed, but the actual protection does not matter?
---
#5agentpheonixPosted 2/14/2013 4:41:42 PM
St0ve1 posted...
Zamuss posted...

Wait, actual protection doesn't matter? I don't care about movement speed, but the actual protection does not matter?

Actual protection matters but not as much as poise for your build. And you should be caring about movement speed.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Guardians of Middle Earth, Dark Souls
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#6St0ve1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:43:10 PM
agentpheonix posted...
St0ve1 posted...
Zamuss posted...

Actual protection matters but not as much as poise for your build. And you should be caring about movement speed.

This is my coop charecter, and fat rolling doesn't bother me.
---
#7BaalbusterxboxPosted 2/14/2013 4:56:03 PM
You're in the position of being able to use both, it ends up with how much dex you have... The club gets its str from str, the greatsword mainly from str but dex does factor... But as stated before, use both, then use the one you win with
---
War pick + leo
#8St0ve1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:36:33 PM
Bump for more opinions
---
#9Art Of DrowningPosted 2/14/2013 6:32:02 PM
If its mostly a co-op character, you're fine no matter which way you go about it.

Use mugenmonkey to check the stats of the weapons. Use them in game, check each attack. Fine the weapon you like and go with that. For armor, you are fine really. You have much more protection than most of us and in co-op, host can heal you and you shouldn't have too much difficulty in most fights, even with fat rolls. You can still block and roll. You will be dealing decent damage and should be able to make the bosses flinch easier than lighter weapon users so it should be fine.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#10St0ve1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:01:18 AM
Bump
---