Things that took you a while to notice

#1andy12handyPosted 2/15/2013 8:27:56 AM
Might be pretty late, but I JUST noticed you could LEAVE the white fog on your first encounter with Seath...

Anything else that took you an embarrassing long time to notice?
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The fist of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Boards-
#2Nate545Posted 2/15/2013 8:30:38 AM
There probably was one for me, but I can't remember haha.
---
GT: NATHAN245 - Nintendo 3DS FC - ( NATHAN245) 3024-5111-1194 - Pokemon B2 FC - (N) 4470 9997 1066
#3I_Dont_AgreePosted 2/15/2013 8:37:06 AM
It took me months before I finally stumbled across the 2nd Catacombs bonfire. Blew my mind.

I also never learned how to parry until after my first playthrough, which was won almost solely by poking things with a +14 Halberd...
---
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#4WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/15/2013 8:39:18 AM
andy12handy posted...
Might be pretty late, but I JUST noticed you could LEAVE the white fog on your first encounter with Seath...

legit? so ppl get cursed and they coulda just walked out to let the bar go down XD too funny?
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#5Necro_Fear89Posted 2/15/2013 8:46:28 AM
Little things I've noticed..

-When invading and you're looking for the host, if the enemies in the area are aware of the host's prescence they will usually be facing where the host is or turn along with where host is heading, so its a good tactic to use when someone is hiding from you.

-Capra Demon drops the Demon Machete, didn't know he could drop it until I got it for the first time a few days ago.

-The clams have human skulls in their shells.

-You can see Demon Ruins from ToTG in Vice Versa.

-I never knew the hydra in the ash lake could fly lol

-the drakes and dragons are weak to lightning( This one made me feel slow, since the intro cinematic shows Gwyn pelting them with Lightning Spears lol)

-The egg burdened in the Daughter of Chaos bonfire is a friendly, I attacked him on sight my first time haha

-The Fair Lady was not Quelaana
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#6Rudyz123Posted 2/15/2013 8:54:28 AM
If you listen carefully or wear headphones you can hear you character breathing
---
GT: TwistedGamer53
#7giantsirslayerPosted 2/15/2013 8:58:13 AM
Framp after a couple days of trying to figure where the hell to go that was so long ago .....lol...but recently you can snipe every necro in the catacombs ...
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#8RazhofFlamePosted 2/15/2013 9:08:33 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Little things I've noticed..

-When invading and you're looking for the host, if the enemies in the area are aware of the host's prescence they will usually be facing where the host is or turn along with where host is heading, so its a good tactic to use when someone is hiding from you.

-Capra Demon drops the Demon Machete, didn't know he could drop it until I got it for the first time a few days ago.

-The clams have human skulls in their shells.

-You can see Demon Ruins from ToTG in Vice Versa.

-I never knew the hydra in the ash lake could fly lol

-the drakes and dragons are weak to lightning( This one made me feel slow, since the intro cinematic shows Gwyn pelting them with Lightning Spears lol)

-The egg burdened in the Daughter of Chaos bonfire is a friendly, I attacked him on sight my first time haha

-The Fair Lady was not Quelaana

This is useful if the host tried to skip enemies. Most of the time enemies are only "aware" of people that they've already started chasing and gave up on. My usual tactic for finding the host is process of elimination as to what enemies are dead and which ones aren't. Most of the time you can narrow the area down to a small zone as to where they should be if they're hiding.

As for me, I still had no idea you could leave the first encounter with Seath O_o. I usually have 10 humanity or more, so I just throw on a ring of sacrifice and let him kill me. The only time I ever get cursed is if I die in the great hollow and forget that I did. Then I proceed to run headfirst into a group of basalisks and get cursed.
---
GT: Jaak Flak
#9RPGNinja123Posted 2/15/2013 9:57:28 AM
andy12handy posted...

The most embarassing thing was finally stumbling upon the Partizan in the forest in that little nook. I was so blown away when I first saw it in some random video. Of course I barely ever used the weapon but still.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#10BlueRunway05Posted 2/15/2013 10:04:27 AM
I never noticed the Catacombs until I found out that I needed Nito for the Lord Vessel. Kinda sad. There was a stair in the grave yard, so it took a while.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.