Things that took you a while to notice

#21Mattchew9Posted 2/15/2013 11:00:49 AM
Great thread! I have leaned a lot!

I just noticed that I can rate messages by pressing select (back button) instead of going into my inventory to manually do it from the crystal.
#22pjcamperPosted 2/15/2013 11:13:16 AM
I still run into hosts or other phantoms when I co-op Kalameet that insist on climbing all the way down that long ladder instead of sliding down it. I want to kick them off when they do that!!
---
The real men of Mass Effect, Demon Souls and Dark Souls use a Claymore
XBL/PSN: pjcamper
#23Deified_DataPosted 2/15/2013 12:05:00 PM
Rudyz123 posted...
If you listen carefully or wear headphones you can hear you character breathing

Laughed my ass off the first time I realized this was my character breathing, and not an enemy. I spent 75% of my first playthrough hearing that noise and expecting a black knight right around the corner or something.
#24tricky_onePosted 2/15/2013 12:08:33 PM
I found out either at the end of my first playthrough or during my second that you can slide down ladders.
---
PSN torlon
#25KochipahkPosted 2/15/2013 12:19:26 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
You can see the Dukes Archives from Blighttown Swamp and Ash Lake (technically) from the Tomb of the Giants

You can see the Duke's from Blighttown? Where? I was personally not aware of this...
---
Official Parrying Dagger of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board
San Francisco Giants
#26Cryptochid5000Posted 2/15/2013 12:42:50 PM
Took awhile to notice that the water wheels in Blighttown are powered by those fire breathing dogs.
---
"Shame on us and all we have done and all we ever were just zero's and one's"
NiN Zero Sum
#27TheDarkone21Posted 2/15/2013 12:57:12 PM
Kochipahk posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
You can see the Dukes Archives from Blighttown Swamp and Ash Lake (technically) from the Tomb of the Giants

You can see the Duke's from Blighttown? Where? I was personally not aware of this...

Ditto
---
I'm on the phone!
#28K_MAC445Posted 2/15/2013 1:06:57 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
andy12handy posted...
Might be pretty late, but I JUST noticed you could LEAVE the white fog on your first encounter with Seath...

Anything else that took you an embarrassing long time to notice?

The most embarassing thing was finally stumbling upon the Partizan in the forest in that little nook. I was so blown away when I first saw it in some random video. Of course I barely ever used the weapon but still.

This, I never knew about that until way later. I also never noticed any of the 2 headed tree snakes until the one guarding the partizan.
---
"if you can chainbs well then putting on hornets is like giving Michael Phelps arm floats" -Dex_Pyromaniac
#29DarthSchubertPosted 2/15/2013 1:13:07 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
You can parry arrows out of the air

I never knew you could see Dukes from Blighttown. I'll have to check that out.

I'll say... it took me a long time to notice the area below the entrance to painted world, where you can join Darkmoon covenant. Did not find it until my 3rd character made it past Anor Londo.

Also, the developers soapstone signs (outside of asylum). I didn't know about them, and still wouldn't except someone mentioned it here. I had assumed they were just other players'.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#30domesplitter13Posted 2/15/2013 1:15:42 PM
That half this DS board is filled with lil babies and the other half, well, is cool.