Moonlight Greatsword Tips

#11Nate545(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:28:16 AM
Start as Pyromancers, SL 1.
Go to New Londo.
Crack Red Eye Orb.
Duel.
Could take awhile to find each other.
---
GT: NATHAN245 - Nintendo 3DS FC - ( NATHAN245) 3024-5111-1194 - Pokemon B2 FC - (N) 4470 9997 1066
#12HoustonBoy98Posted 2/18/2013 12:35:39 AM
or not
---
Official Gold Tracer of the Dark Souls Board. Find someone. Rushdown Move on.
XBL - Stillnacht
#13Nate545(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:49:04 AM
Okay, just a suggestion.
---
GT: NATHAN245 - Nintendo 3DS FC - ( NATHAN245) 3024-5111-1194 - Pokemon B2 FC - (N) 4470 9997 1066
#14Art Of DrowningPosted 2/18/2013 2:40:57 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Art Of Drowning posted...
Its not about fast vs mid, fast will always win just as ninja will always win vs fast in terms of performance.
The questions is, do you want to have additional poise and protection that heavier gear provides. You sacrifice weight for protection. You need to find the "balance" that you can accept and feel comfortable with.

um...no

the only advantage to flip is longer invuln frames

fast roll is far superior for punishes due to the faster recovery.

um... "no"? I mean... What? I don't even understand what you are disagreeing with. You point out that faster roll is better for easier punish and what not, sure, you spelled it out better than I did but that is pretty much what I mean by it will always win in performance compared to mid roll. The reason for going into a mid roll at all is to use heavier equipment, often for poise and protection.
---
"Can you see what I see?"
#15AngryOldFeralPosted 2/18/2013 2:52:24 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Nate545 posted...
Hey Houston, let's PvP with just fists.
No backstabs, no parrying. Lets just box.

what on earth is the point of that

So he can test out his sweet new build, man. How the hell else is he going to see what bare-handed attacks do with 999999 strength/999999 dexterity?
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#16Polopolo206Posted 2/18/2013 3:29:57 AM
Nate545 posted...
So I just got the sword and i'm always open for tips!
I would like to know if you prefer fast or mid roll with this weapon?

The RT (or R2) can be parried.
And also, I only mid roll if my build/playstyle is in desperate need of added defense.

HoustonBoy98 posted...
Its not about fast vs mid, fast will always win just as ninja will always win vs fast in terms of performance.
The questions is, do you want to have additional poise and protection that heavier gear provides. You sacrifice weight for protection. You need to find the "balance" that you can accept and feel comfortable with.

um...no

Ninja flipping is far more superior than fast roll.

You have longer invulnerability times, you cover more distance when you roll, and it's harder to telegraph backsteps. Also, because of this, it makes roll-BSing a lot more easier.

You say fast roll is superior because it recovers faster than ninja flips. I say it doesn't because fast roll has less invulnerability frames. Because of this fast roll is more easy to punish, since you actually have to time your roll, not just mash B (or Circle if your PS3).

The only disadvantage that ninja flip has is that it requires a ring to use. And also the area distance traveled. You might unintentionally roll off a cliff.

Some people do fine without ninja flip.
---
GT - Caustic Devil
#17CentipedeDemonPosted 2/18/2013 5:48:08 AM
Polopolo206 posted...
Nate545 posted...

And also, I only mid roll if my build/playstyle is in desperate need of added defense.

HoustonBoy98 posted...

um...no

You have longer invulnerability times, you cover more distance when you roll, and it's harder to telegraph backsteps. Also, because of this, it makes roll-BSing a lot more easier.

You say fast roll is superior because it recovers faster than ninja flips. I say it doesn't because fast roll has less invulnerability frames. Because of this fast roll is more easy to punish, since you actually have to time your roll, not just mash B (or Circle if your PS3).

The only disadvantage that ninja flip has is that it requires a ring to use. And also the area distance traveled. You might unintentionally roll off a cliff.

Flipping is not at all superior to the fast roll. The fast roll dpesnt have as many I frames, but it recovers so much quicker. It has enough I frames to roll through everything and you'll still be ok.

Sure the flip ring has like 14k I frames, and you look ridiculously stupid while doing it, but its definitely not superior. The amount of I frames is actually a crutch. I mean, once you get used to thinking you're good because you can flip for days, you get this false sense of security. It also promotes horrible stamina management. Flippers almost always are flipping for no reasen other than they can.
---
GT: Centipede Demon
Zweihander master race
#18moodyjm2Posted 2/18/2013 7:30:06 AM
Depends on how you acquired the weapon -

If it was given or traded, then you are not worthy young one - you must obtain it yourself.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#19moodyjm2Posted 2/18/2013 7:57:19 AM
CentipedeDemon posted...
Polopolo206 posted...
Nate545 posted...

HoustonBoy98 posted...

um...no

Flipping is not at all superior to the fast roll. The fast roll dpesnt have as many I frames, but it recovers so much quicker. It has enough I frames to roll through everything and you'll still be ok.

Sure the flip ring has like 14k I frames, and you look ridiculously stupid while doing it, but its definitely not superior. The amount of I frames is actually a crutch. I mean, once you get used to thinking you're good because you can flip for days, you get this false sense of security. It also promotes horrible stamina management. Flippers almost always are flipping for no reasen other than they can.

Flipping is slightly superior due to the minor advantage in distance covered, HOWEVER, overall the trade off is a ring slot, which may be less advantageous in the long run.

For that ring slot you could - Add Havels, i.e. more defense and poise/weight burden, Bellowing Dragoncrest, or Hornets.

Personally I've forgone DWGR on my Forest Hunter for Hornet's. Fast roll is sufficient enough.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#20Nate545(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:00:59 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Depends on how you acquired the weapon -

If it was given or traded, then you are not worthy young one - you must obtain it yourself.

I cut it off with one of my characters, traded it to my friend and traded to my moonlight guy.
---