Rate These builds

#1Garathos123Posted 2/18/2013 3:49:44 AM
Hey guys im doing a playthrough with a freind who has only just bought the game i asked him what kind a guy he wants and he wants a guy that can weild a big weapon but can also use magic so i decided to make a build for him

http://mmdks.com/164j

The only thing is i dont know what armor or weapons to give him so could you help me out also any changes that could be made to the stats.

Now for my build i wanna be like iron tarkus but also be able to faith buff my weapons so again any changes to the stats?

http://mmdks.com/164o

all sugestions welcome
#2castingflarePosted 2/18/2013 5:29:47 AM
Anything after 40 starts to not be as big an increase as would liked.
For his you could take the 5 in str and 4 in int and put it to different stats.
Also he could go faith instead of int and use grant. Giant hammer of god.

Yours seems fine since it seems rp ish.
---
Official Demon Great Machete of the Dks forearms
#3WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/18/2013 6:07:17 AM(edited)
1) your Tarkus needs 2 dex.

2) seeing as how you are doing a natural playthrough, I'd suggest going no higher than lvl 100 on your build creating. Unless, you plan to grind for levels.

3) with it being his first playthrough, I'd suggest not giving him a build. let him experience the game for what it is.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#4Garathos123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 6:18:01 AM
Ok i will let him experanince the stats for himself and i will put the 2 points into dex also we may do a bit of pvp after we compleate the game.
#5WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/18/2013 6:24:14 AM
Garathos123 posted...
Ok i will let him experanince the stats for himself and i will put the 2 points into dex also we may do a bit of pvp after we compleate the game.

fair nuff, ya i just say, let him do as he wants, because on my second playthrough (i didnt finish the first character) a guy dropped me everything and taught me how to do a glitch that gives you unlimited souls. being lvl 300 made going through the game too easy. and ruined the playthrough.

so ya, let him experience things the hard way. like in sen's, let him get hit by boulders etc. it will slow your progress, but it will make it a lot better of a first playthrough.
---
#6Garathos123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:52:43 AM
LOL i shut of the bolders for him but we have failed like 10 times in there because he keeps getting nocked of by the big swinging blade :(
its eating up all my humanity:(
#7WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/18/2013 8:57:36 AM
Garathos123 posted...
LOL i shut of the bolders for him but we have failed like 10 times in there because he keeps getting nocked of by the big swinging blade :(
its eating up all my humanity:(

lol
---
#8TonberryPunchPosted 2/18/2013 9:34:39 AM(edited)
I tweaked this Tarkus a little to increase your damage and durability.

http://mmdks.com/1680

I think you should make your fourth slot either Tranquil walk of peace or great heal.

These will be very useful for teaming up and pvp.

castingflare posted...
Anything after 40 starts to not be as big an increase as would liked.
For his you could take the 5 in str and 4 in int and put it to different stats.
Also he could go faith instead of int and use grant. Giant hammer of god.

Yours seems fine since it seems rp ish.

You need 44 INT to cast Crystal Soul Spear.

It's okay to bring your buddy's build's Int up to 45, that's the last really good stat for Logan's Catalyst. But I would drop Str to 40 and raise dex a little, if only to equip more stuff. I threw the extras in Vit and End. I also lowered Attunement to 16. You don't get your first copy of Crystal Soul Spear until well into the game, I wouldn't plan for that second copy for quite a while...and 4 slots should be fine until then.

http://mmdks.com/168i

It will be quite a while until you'll need your Int that high, so maybe put it to 36 (for regular Soul Spear) and then jack it after you've improved the other stats.

I might be able to drop off some Humanity crystals for you guys, post your level and gamer tag.