On average, how long does it take you to go from ~SL1 to ~SL120?

#1I_Dont_AgreePosted 2/18/2013 9:16:02 AM
For PvP purposes and whatnot. I do a lot of co-op when I can, and don't really farm heavily unless I need Titanite or Humanity, I go through all bosses and collect nearly every non-covenant item in the game, and move into NG+ and progress to at least Painted world in NG+.

Doing this with my recent character, I made it to SL110 in about 20 hours. I'm missing 10 END, but otherwise she's combat-ready. Disregarding any items I buy, I'm still short about 1 million souls.

So my question is there any effective strategies for just boosting your character really fast? Or is it a matter of just going through the game as usual?
---
Official Hand Axe of the Dark Souls board
#2WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/18/2013 9:24:51 AM(edited)
forest:
get the npcs to jump off the ledge. you can agro many and do this really fast.
gank/host

set up a fight club and host. easy 45000 souls every time one of the red phantoms dies. ive run one with a lvl 90 so it should work

otherwise get someone to drop you souls
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#3I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:37:54 AM
WH1TE_N1GHT13 posted...
forest:
get the npcs to jump off the ledge. you can agro many and do this really fast.
gank/host

set up a fight club and host. easy 45000 souls every time one of the red phantoms dies. ive run one with a lvl 90 so it should work

otherwise get someone to drop you souls

I farmed Forest dweebs for awhile, but the tedium was maddening. Even worse than farming Phalanxes. Though in general I do not enjoy farming souls as much as farming items, so there's that.

I have thought about hosing in the Burg on several occasions, but at lower levels it was hard to find people, and even hard to pit people against each other. I might participate sometimes, but fighting with any half-finished build with unupgraded gear is not very pleasant...
---
#4giantsirslayerPosted 2/18/2013 10:33:02 AM
I can get to 125 in a couple hours here is the trick go to anor londo at bonfire before o/s be 50 sl and just keep being summoned but dnt level up any I've spent an hour or two there then bounce to boss door to boss door but dnt level any higher than 60 ...while you are waiting to be summoned beat all silver knights for 1200 souls and when you hit about 2 mil in souls go to the burg and pvp for the rest....maybe 3 to 4 hours of fun co oping or if you really want fast you ask giant sir slayers high build to farm for 427000 souls per death lol
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#5I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:38:58 AM
giantsirslayer posted...
I can get to 125 in a couple hours here is the trick go to anor londo at bonfire before o/s be 50 sl and just keep being summoned but dnt level up any I've spent an hour or two there then bounce to boss door to boss door but dnt level any higher than 60 ...while you are waiting to be summoned beat all silver knights for 1200 souls and when you hit about 2 mil in souls go to the burg and pvp for the rest....maybe 3 to 4 hours of fun co oping or if you really want fast you ask giant sir slayers high build to farm for 427000 souls per death lol

That's probably my favorite spot to co-op in the SL50 range. Nice layout, lots of farmable enemies, great boss to co-op, and it's on the main path, so summons and invasions galore (at least most of the time, some day's it's absolutely dead...).

That's actually pretty good advice. What I might end up doing for future characters is optimize them for SL50 and hang around there, then gather the souls like you said and jump ahead. Good suggestion!
---
#6giantsirslayerPosted 2/18/2013 10:44:13 AM
I_Dont_Agree posted...
giantsirslayer posted...

That's probably my favorite spot to co-op in the SL50 range. Nice layout, lots of farmable enemies, great boss to co-op, and it's on the main path, so summons and invasions galore (at least most of the time, some day's it's absolutely dead...).

That's actually pretty good advice. What I might end up doing for future characters is optimize them for SL50 and hang around there, then gather the souls like you said and jump ahead. Good suggestion!
once you get the RSS message me and you can farm me for a bit 427000 souls per death is pretty good amount to level fast
---
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#7I_Dont_Agree(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:46:54 AM
giantsirslayer posted...
once you get the RSS message me and you can farm me for a bit 427000 souls per death is pretty good amount to level fast

Thanks for the offer. I don't have any builds I'm motivated to make yet, but when I do I'll gladly farm you for a little bit. =p
---
#8PlagueRevenantPosted 2/18/2013 10:50:52 AM
Not long, but I have it easy since the girlfriend plays as well. Whenever we want to make new characters, we just bumrush through the game until we can grab the red sign soapstone and then farm the other's highest level character until we get to where we want to be.

MUCH better than the forest/phalanx. For the longest while, I stuck with one character just because I didn't want to deal with that again.
---
The worst part of gaming is gamers.
Official Obsidian Greatsword of the Dark Souls board
#9pjcamperPosted 2/18/2013 10:51:39 AM
giantsirslayer posted...

Pretty much what slayer said but I might add that I hit Anor Londo around SL 40-45 and as soon as I rest at the bf by Solaire I turn human (if I'm not) and drop my summon sign. That way I might get invaded as well for a few more souls and humanity. I also like to do the same thing at the fog gate before the Iron Golem. That can be an easy summons at around SL35-40 and a fast 20,000 souls. Far easier and faster than Anor Londo, IMO. Plus, each time I like to try to get him to fall off.

Having said that, its been a while since I even played DS. I got turned off/bored with PVP so I've played Demon Souls for about a month now. Co-op and PVP are REAL slow there so after my current build I might put it away too. Tried to play a couple of shooters but DkS and DeS are too much in my blood now. The rest are meh...
---
The real men of Mass Effect, Demon Souls and Dark Souls use a Claymore
XBL/PSN: pjcamper
#10giantsirslayerPosted 2/18/2013 11:00:11 AM
Yea I'm kinda getting a little burned out myself PJ camper yea I got black ops 2 I reach level 12 then stopped I haven't passed o/s in months I get the RSS n pvp at the burg or Forrest I have a couple games I need to finish ...
---
Xbox gt giantsir slayer