Weapon Help

#1Dreth09Posted 2/20/2013 11:14:20 AM
Hey, so this is my build idea, but im not entirely sure what weapons to go for.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=203627582571365258

Anyone have suggestions? This would be primarily pvp.
Also, since my strength and dex arent that great, what upgrade paths should i take? normal with weapon buffs, or elemental, given my stats?
#2WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/20/2013 11:23:00 AM
why the random 18 dex? looks like you're going strength weapons with this.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#3OOZIEEPosted 2/20/2013 11:25:23 AM
I'd actually pick the weapons you want to use first and build around that. That's just my opinion though. Also I think you can afford to lose some vitality points and put those points into strength so you have 40 in strength. Especially since you have ring of favor and protection, mask of the mother, and replenishment. You're definitely not lacking in the hp department.
---
Xbox 360; PS3 GT: OOZIEE
#4Dreth09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 11:25:52 AM
Black knight weapons, was currently thinking of trying BKGA and have been using BKS currently
#5WH1TE_N1GHT13Posted 2/20/2013 11:26:46 AM
OOZIEE posted...
I'd actually pick the weapons you want to use first and build around that. That's just my opinion though. Also I think you can afford to lose some vitality points and put those points into strength so you have 40 in strength. Especially since you have ring of favor and protection, mask of the mother, and replenishment. You're definitely not lacking in the hp department.

lol that's how I design my builds, either that or try to rp it.
---
XBL GT: WH1TE N1GHT13
The Bastard Sword of GameFAQS
#6Dreth09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 12:39:44 PM
Is the greatlord greatsword any good? it looks like it has crap scaling, but still intriguing
And what about an elemental washing pole or murakumo as opposed to +15, cuz my stats dont compliment them well?
also, i noticed the large club has an A str scaling...
#7RPGNinja123Posted 2/20/2013 1:46:06 PM
Dreth09 posted...
Is the greatlord greatsword any good? it looks like it has crap scaling, but still intriguing
And what about an elemental washing pole or murakumo as opposed to +15, cuz my stats dont compliment them well?

Its good for stunlocking but the damage is subpar
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#8AngryOldFeralPosted 2/20/2013 2:28:38 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Dreth09 posted...

Its strong-attacks are also a bit too drawn-out and easy to dodge. If you're wanting a good "smash the hell out of people" sword the Zweihander can deliver that pretty effectively. Its horizontal swings are marginally slower since it's an Ultra Greatsword but the wind-up on the overhand slash takes less time to pull off.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#9Dreth09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:33:50 PM
hmm, what about Grant? With its A faith scaling, would it be worth getting 40 fai and dropping vit from 50 to 38?
#10RPGNinja123Posted 2/20/2013 7:36:20 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Dreth09 posted...

Its strong-attacks are also a bit too drawn-out and easy to dodge. If you're wanting a good "smash the hell out of people" sword the Zweihander can deliver that pretty effectively. Its horizontal swings are marginally slower since it's an Ultra Greatsword but the wind-up on the overhand slash takes less time to pull off.

I have to agree it is just not very practical for me. I am partial the grant cuz it has a club moveset for the most part and the rolling attack is good, I only use it on a Leeroy build though.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV