Dex Casting

#1localizedfreedoPosted 2/20/2013 11:55:32 PM
Anyone else prefer low dexterity speeds on your Wrath of the Gods? Obviously on cloak and dagger type moves like GC and Black Flame, the faster casting time is important, but lately I've been finding thy, through nothing more than operator error, people mess up the timing of dodging a low dexterity WotG rather often.

Has anyone else noticed similar trends, or just me perhaps?
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#2MenuWarsPosted 2/20/2013 11:58:48 PM
You're probably onto something there. I find with games like this, dodging and parrying become muscle memory or tactical, doing something different will more than likely upset the balance for most people.
---
A Troll is a Troll, unless it's an ugly Giant.
~Troll Cannibalism 101~
#3RPGNinja123Posted 2/21/2013 12:00:22 AM
I think you might be onto something since a majority of PvPers use Dex builds it is easier to remember the timing. However even on the slowest cast I am always looking at the arm motion for wrath of gods and that is how I time it accordingly.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#4HoustonBoy98Posted 2/21/2013 12:09:23 AM
Hmm....

I think you're playing with fire a bit too much here.

You may get one wrath to hit based on someone mistiming a roll but after that the slow cast is just going to eat you alive

I wouldn't reccomend it.
---
Official Gold Tracer of the Dark Souls Board. Find someone. Rushdown Move on.
XBL - Stillnacht
#5Dex_PyromaniacPosted 2/21/2013 4:29:02 AM
lol

Breaking news

Dexterity doesnt affect wrath of gods cast speed
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac || Steam - dex_pyromaniac || SFxT mains: Mishimas (Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi) || 'Practicing': Law, Hugo, Ryu, Akuma, Dudley, Lei
DORYA!
#6localizedfreedo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:40:45 AM
Someone was saying that it affected all offensive spells and that WotG fit that category. Perhaps it was just my subconscious conforming the evidence to the theory, but after reading that and "trying it out", there felt like a difference.

I do know dex doesn't affect most of the force family, but is WotG really not an exception?
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#7RPGNinja123Posted 2/21/2013 7:22:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Bowdownbe4me1Posted 2/21/2013 7:23:43 AM
I agree, Freedo(m). I've found the slower Wrath speed to be far more beneficial. Most of all, however, is the fact that it is *much* easier to spell cancel a slow Wrath (and thereby allow feints, which adds a lot to the Wrath game). -my 2 cents
---
Official chaos server of the Dark Souls Board
YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bowdownbe4me1
#9RPGNinja123Posted 2/21/2013 7:24:48 AM
Really the wind up time certainly seems slower on Wrath of Gods with low Dex compared to 45 Dex. The actual casting of the spell might be the same but the time leading up to it seems shortened.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#10Dex_PyromaniacPosted 2/21/2013 7:29:33 AM
I measured how long it takes to burn through 3 stacks of wog (9 casts) with 8 dex and did the same with 45 dex, took the same time (around 14 secs)
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac || Steam - dex_pyromaniac || SFxT mains: Mishimas (Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi) || 'Practicing': Law, Hugo, Ryu, Akuma, Dudley, Lei
DORYA!