Let's hear some Pinwheel/Nito lore

#1NicCageFan4LifePosted 3/9/2013 11:28:01 AM
So guys, I'm curious about some Pinwheel/Nito lore, such as who is Pinwheel, what's he doing in the Catacombs, why's Nito where he is etc.
I personally think they're interesting characters and would love to hear what you've found out
---
Nic Cage created the world, and everything in it, and nothing hurt.
#2Cvdf3Posted 3/9/2013 11:30:38 AM
Pinwheel is stealing Nito's power.
Then they were both hacked up by a piece of bacon in a suit of armor.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#3NicCageFan4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:00:07 PM
Pinwheel goes down incredibly easily, how can he be stealing the Gravelord's power?
I mean, surely Nito would be strong enough to prevent that?

One thing I did notice though, the music to Pinwheel's battle has 'I'm so sorry' being said repeatedly in the background. Could he be apologizing to Nito, or maybe he's sorry for the body that's in front of him on the table?
---
#4giantsirslayerPosted 3/9/2013 12:04:28 PM
YouTube epicnamebro he has enough lore to get your fix
---
Official greatsword user of gamefaqs board
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#5NicCageFan4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:06:28 PM
giantsirslayer posted...

I can't use youtube :/
---
#6Cvdf3Posted 3/9/2013 12:10:57 PM
giantsirslayer posted...

He actually doesn't have any on Pinwheel and Nito; he has said it just doesn't interest him.

Can't remember where I heard that little bit but Queelag on YouTube also does lore vids as well as some other guy whose name escapes me at the moment.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#7giantsirslayerPosted 3/9/2013 12:19:31 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
giantsirslayer posted...

He actually doesn't have any on Pinwheel and Nito; he has said it just doesn't interest him.

Can't remember where I heard that little bit but Queelag on YouTube also does lore vids as well as some other guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Is queelag the woman
---
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#8giantsirslayerPosted 3/9/2013 12:21:16 PM
NicCageFan4Life posted...
giantsirslayer posted...

Your on the internet now arnt you lol
---
Xbox gt giantsir slayer
#9NicCageFan4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:27:02 PM
giantsirslayer posted...
giantsirslayer posted...

Your on the internet now arnt you lol

In short, I'm on my cell, I can't access YouTube on it, only on my cell because my laptop's kicked the bucket LOL.
---
#10Second_SeraphPosted 3/9/2013 12:28:44 PM
Pinwheel goes down incredibly easily, how can he be stealing the Gravelord's power?
I mean, surely Nito would be strong enough to prevent that?

One thing I did notice though, the music to Pinwheel's battle has 'I'm so sorry' being said repeatedly in the background. Could he be apologizing to Nito, or maybe he's sorry for the body that's in front of him on the table?

Well obviously Pinwheel sucked. That's why he needed to steal some power. Makes sense to me.
Forget what a pathetic weakling he is for a moment and consider Pinwheel's goals and associations. It's likely he's the leader of the Undead mages (the hollow necromancers) and they are apparently raising an army of skeletons. There is a skeleton on the table in Pinwheel's boss room and Pinwheel is clearly doing creepy wizard stuff to it when the player arrives. Was he merely trying to bring another skeleton to 'life' to add to his forces or was he doing something else with it? We may never know, but the biggest question we should ask is 'why' is he doing what he's doing rather than 'what.' A potential clue might be the Effigy Shield found in the Tomb of Giants. Is Pinwheel a part of the group who wanted to challenge, and kill, the gods of Anor Londo? The other Pinwheels outside Nito's boss gate might not be guarding Nito at all, but trying to siphon off his power through magical means.
Nito has skeleton warriors that fight on his behalf during his boss fight, but other skeleton warriors are very clearly controlled and linked to the hollow necromancers of the Catacombs. It would seem that they definitely did steal Nito's ability to raise and control skeletons.

Nito seems mostly passive and quite content to just chill out in his giant coffin, granting bits of power to those who choose to serve him. Other than promoting death through his servants he has no goals or plots that I know of. Considering there are miracles associated with Nito, he could be considered the god of death. Of course, when I think of a 'god' I imagine a being so powerful that they couldn't possibly be challenged my mere mortals... but Gwyndolin is a legitimate god too and he's not exactly all-powerful. Far from it. He's more like an upjumped wizard who happens to be immortal.

Nito's body is made up of multiple skeletons, so it's entirely possible that he's actually a composite being of many different entities. Like Legion. Nito is never referred to as a 'they' but rather a 'he', so that may not be true. Then again I doubt anyone has ever sat down and had a conversation with the Gravelord to find out the truth. The Pinwheel's, with three heads, might be attempting to become more like the Gravelord by magically fusing themselves together.