NEED HELP with GOD BUILD lost my SL 120 character.

#1BleakwailPosted 3/13/2013 9:36:44 PM
I need someone who is willing to help me out.

About 6 months ago, I had a SL 120 character, and during a move to another apartment, I lost the save and the backup (long story basically involving me being an idiot).

My goal was to have at least one of every item in the game. Every weapon, every piece of armor. Total collection of everything.

I was also hoping to achieve 99 in all stats (I had not used the exp glitch yet).

I could really use a friend who would be willing to help me out by invading/summoning and giving me any rare items/weapons/armor sets/rings

So that I will not have to do this all over again. Trying to collect everything was nearly impossible, as some monsters cannot be fought more than once, and you only get one chance at getting their rare drop.

I had it all. Gargoyle helmet, rare butcher's sack helmet, etc.

I even had faught the asylum demon in the beginning with just the broken sword hilt to get the rare hammer.

I am not asking for help cheating. It's just that I already did the work once, and I thought someone might have a spare save for a scrap character who had beaten the game, and might be willing to drop items for me.

Also had a question about my starting class, and whether or not I should use this exp dragon head glitch to get back to sl 120.

all I know is that you have to play patchless to do this glitch.

My question is, when I am done, and patch the game so that I can play online, will it erase my character?

Need lots of help here. I would like to have someone I could facebook IM or text, as I will likely be playing patchless (offline) and I do not have a microphone.

Would really appreciate the help!
#2Bleakwail(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 3:50:17 AM
Bump.
#3Rudyz123Posted 3/14/2013 4:48:04 AM
Monsters that you only get to fight once or a few times will always drop their rare item after, eg the gargoyle may not drop anything the first time you kill them but once you kill the last one in AL he will drop every drop at once for you so you shouldnt have a problem getting the items that you are looking for.

To get 99 stats in everything without the glitch would just be tedious without the glitch and will take a long time, even if you farm high level invaders
---
GT: TwistedGamer53
#4Art Of DrowningPosted 3/14/2013 6:08:26 AM
The Gargoyles can be farmed for their gear. I usually make sure I get two gargoyle halberds before offing them. Just kill the first and homeward bone out. The hardest to obtain weapons are also sometimes the easiest. Simply put, it is the curse of the RNG Gods. The two biggest offenders, at least for me are the Titanite Catch Pole and the Channeler's Trident. After that its just a matter of time collecting boss souls and what not. If you just asked for boss souls I'm sure someone is willing to oblige to trade. The way you are currently going about it makes it very unappealing to help you, unless of course, we have modded items to give away, but that is something else entirely.
---
Writing Tip #7
Avoid unnecessary examples; e.g. this one.
#5domesplitter13Posted 3/14/2013 9:06:59 AM
the ONLY way I believe you can get a maxed character would be to dragon head the souls on before downloading the patch. I think you need like 1.8 billion souls or something. the ticker stops at 999,999,999, which takes about 4 hours with a soul of a great hero. Then you'll need to spend the souls then redragon head the remaining 800k, 3 more hours or so.

But ya, do it before downloading the patch. I'm glad I did, having a max build is super fun and handy.
#6Bleakwail(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:12:31 PM
Rudyz123 posted...
Monsters that you only get to fight once or a few times will always drop their rare item after, eg the gargoyle may not drop anything the first time you kill them but once you kill the last one in AL he will drop every drop at once for you so you shouldnt have a problem getting the items that you are looking for.

To get 99 stats in everything without the glitch would just be tedious without the glitch and will take a long time, even if you farm high level invaders

I don't understand what "AL" means. Anor Lando?

I had the hardest time getting the demon great axe to drop from the Taurus Demon, as well as the Boar helmet from the mecha boar.

I remember I had to create a backup save on my PC using a flash drive and continue loading my backup over and over just to get the boar helmet and demon great axe.

It was a total pain.

Same with the Black Knight greatsword.

The idea of "getting the rares to drop almost every time" sounds great, but I don't see how that is possible!

I was just hoping that anyone reading this would be willing to PM me, add my gamertag, and if they have any spare characters that they are not using anymore, with rare rings, titanite, various other rares they don't mind dropping, please hook me up.

I am playing without the patch, so it may be a week or more before I go live.
#7TheDarkone21Posted 3/14/2013 1:27:06 PM
TC it is very possible. With patch 1.05(i think), they changed it so that EVERY rare drop from a non-respawnable enemy WILL drop upon the death of the last one.

Note: This does not count for tail weapons. You only get one shot on those.
---
I'm on the phone!
#8Bleakwail(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:57:09 PM
TheDarkone21 posted...
TC it is very possible. With patch 1.05(i think), they changed it so that EVERY rare drop from a non-respawnable enemy WILL drop upon the death of the last one.

Note: This does not count for tail weapons. You only get one shot on those.

Wait, does this include Black knight gear also, and silver knight gear, etc.?

And what do you mean upon the death of the "last one?"
#9Bleakwail(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:54:50 PM
Bump.
#10TheDarkone21Posted 3/14/2013 11:38:27 PM
No it does not include black/silver knight gear. They respawn so you still have to farm them.

And by last one I mean last one. For example, there are three metallic boars in the game that don't respawn. If you haven't gotten the boar helm by the time you kill the first two, the third and last one will drop it guaranteed.
---
Official Chaos Notched Whip of the Dark Souls 360 board.
GT: IwuzPh34rless