Not sure why people say this game has good difficultly.

#1EDIFlCATIONPosted 4/24/2013 10:00:04 AM
Most of the difficulty seems pretty artificial to me. Bad controls and most of the enemies are more about Trial and Error as opposed to any sort of skill. Plus you get really punished for dying which just adds time to the game. Enemies respawning is a pretty cheap way of extending the length of the game.

Disagree? If so why?
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
Izual - Common Sense Applies.
#2Krauser86Posted 4/24/2013 10:05:00 AM
Flimsii would be facepalming right now if he saw this.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#3MelfiicePosted 4/24/2013 10:06:00 AM
No
---
Gamertag: L GUT5 L
#4Fisto_Posted 4/24/2013 10:06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcoU2Lf14s
---
Please assume the position.
#5NazanirPosted 4/24/2013 10:07:41 AM
EDIFlCATION posted...
Most of the difficulty seems pretty artificial to me. Bad controls and most of the enemies are more about Trial and Error as opposed to any sort of skill. Plus you get really punished for dying which just adds time to the game. Enemies respawning is a pretty cheap way of extending the length of the game.

Disagree? If so why?

Bad controls? Hell no, this game has some of the tightets controls I have experienced in the last couple of years, everything does what it is suposed to, if something goes wrong, the input was done improper.

Trial and error goes for more games, in games like Darksiders you also have to figure out what enemy does which attack when, in order to capitalize on it. It does take skill when it comes to backstabbing, parrying/riposte and dealing with more opponents at the same time.

Enemies respawning or random encounters in game like Final Fantasy, Darksiders, Borderlands and so on. On a side note, the fact that enemies respawn, is tied to the lore of this game.

And artificial difficulty is a bs statement. You know what is artificial? Difficulty in alot of games where enemies hit harder, you have less HP and your attacks do less damage. So please, don't use that term here.

This game tests your wits more then most others, making you be careful of your footing and surroundings.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#6game_wiz101Posted 4/24/2013 10:09:11 AM
What about the controls are bad? it's kind of unfair to have us defend our good stance on the game when you don't elaborate on yours. The game is trial and error if you lack any sort of observational skills whatsoever. You can literally hide behind your shield, block most attacks in the game, and observe enemy patterns. If you pay attention, you can get past nearly everything.

Most importantly, every death in this game is your fault. There are next to no unavoidable BS deaths in this game. If you blame it on the controls, then you're just bad, as the controls are straightforward, explained in the tutorial, and don't require some unique way of holding the controller. You just have to get used to it.

P.S. if this is a troll post, good job, you got me.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama
#7MelfiicePosted 4/24/2013 10:13:16 AM
Yeah he got you two!
---
Gamertag: L GUT5 L
#8EdgeofLethePosted 4/24/2013 10:21:54 AM
It must be (insert day of the week) on the Dark Souls board.

Seriously, is this the official first lesson of Trolling 101 now-a-days?
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#9beggargirlPosted 4/24/2013 10:26:13 AM
Melfiice posted...
Yeah he got you two!

EDIFlCATION

Pretty sure this is a recycled troll topic too.
#10NarzodPosted 4/24/2013 10:30:13 AM
I thought you were getting more creative lately, Ed. This is not your best work.
---
XBL IllicitCypress | PSN NefariousYew