Kill Lautrec now, or wait until later?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 5/13/2013 1:10:51 AM
Do his drops differ from when he is at the firelink shrine or when you invade his realm to kill him? I know that if I want to keep the bonfire up I have to use his firekeeper soul to revive Anastacia, so the firekeeper soul does not matter to me. All I want to know is if I should kill him now, or wait until I can invade his realm
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2Flow_149Posted 5/13/2013 1:15:01 AM
Gaining the armor of favor requires you to kill him at his realm, however if you don't care about that, nor do you care about a gaining a firekeeper soul, feel free to kill him now. Both instances drop the ring of favor and protection.
#3Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 2:00:29 AM
Flow_149 posted...
Gaining the armor of favor requires you to kill him at his realm, however if you don't care about that, nor do you care about a gaining a firekeeper soul, feel free to kill him now. Both instances drop the ring of favor and protection.

I still want to keep Antastacia alive for the bonfire, so I would have to give up the firekeeper soul to revive her, so I might as well kill Lautrec now
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#4AtWorkNotWorkinPosted 5/13/2013 8:51:26 AM
I waited to kill him on two different playthroughs and one I did not get the armor. Kinda lame.
---
you where almost a Jill sandwich!!!
#5Divided_By_OnePosted 5/13/2013 11:20:31 AM
AtWorkNotWorkin posted...
I waited to kill him on two different playthroughs and one I did not get the armor. Kinda lame.

You know you don't get the armor as you kill him, right? You get it off a corpse after O&S, on the upper floor.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#6random_blahPosted 5/13/2013 12:39:22 PM
I always wait. You don't lose out on the bonfire at a time when it's needed, unless you just bumrush the first 3 firekeeper souls before ringing any bells.

The dingy set is pretty nice, and so is getting firelink to 20 estus for no humanity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6rJbW.jpg
#7MatraTheEternalPosted 5/13/2013 12:42:27 PM
random_blah posted...
The dingy set is pretty nice, and so is getting firelink to 20 estus for no humanity.

This is my reason for always leaving him alive. Dingy body is one of the best body pieces in the game for its weight, period. Additionally if you revive Ana and use a lord soul on the lordvessel talking to her after will cause her to kindle the Firelink bonfire to 20.
#8AtWorkNotWorkinPosted 5/13/2013 1:29:08 PM
Divided_By_One posted...
AtWorkNotWorkin posted...

You know you don't get the armor as you kill him, right? You get it off a corpse after O&S, on the upper floor.

Hah! Maybe I didn't check on that character. I'll go back up, thanks. It's been awhile since I've let him live.
---
you where almost a Jill sandwich!!!
#9CoontemptusPosted 5/13/2013 5:00:36 PM
MatraTheEternal posted...
This is my reason for always leaving him alive. Dingy body is one of the best body pieces in the game for its weight, period. Additionally if you revive Ana and use a lord soul on the lordvessel talking to her after will cause her to kindle the Firelink bonfire to 20.

Thank you for this. That's the step I was missing. I have completed the game 20+ times and I've never seen this dialogue come up.

Its on my list of things to see in PvE before I quit lol
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#10CoontemptusPosted 5/13/2013 5:00:43 PM
MatraTheEternal posted...

Thank you for this. That's the step I was missing. I have completed the game 20+ times and I've never seen this dialogue come up.

Its on my list of things to see in PvE before I quit lol
---
Sic semper tyrannis