Some lore speculation and theories

#11Aadrian1234Posted 7/12/2013 3:14:48 AM
I'm always wondering, why do the inhabitants of New Londo go after you? You obviously weren't even there when it was flooded, and even want to kill the Four Kings. Why would they attack you, when they have no reason to be angry at you. Are they like hollows, just gone insane? But to become a ghost, don't you have to have a strong reason for wanting to stay back, instead of your spirit just moving on? If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#12Cura_of_LatriaPosted 7/12/2013 8:37:59 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...
I'm always wondering, why do the inhabitants of New Londo go after you? You obviously weren't even there when it was flooded, and even want to kill the Four Kings. Why would they attack you, when they have no reason to be angry at you. Are they like hollows, just gone insane? But to become a ghost, don't you have to have a strong reason for wanting to stay back, instead of your spirit just moving on? If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it

What I want to know is... why do they seem to all be... women?
---
GT: Cura of Latria
#13Necro_Fear89Posted 7/12/2013 11:56:07 AM
Cura_of_Latria posted...
Aadrian1234 posted...

What I want to know is... why do they seem to all be... women?

They're not all women, the regular ghosts that extend their arms and do melee attacks are the males. The female ghosts are the banshees, the ones with red eyes and that scream at you when you get close to them. The female ones also seem to be clutching something, and have more of a mummified look as opposed to the males who are more skeletal in their appearance.

http://i.imgur.com/EA6yU.jpg -Male Ghost.

http://i.imgur.com/xRMUS.jpg -Female Ghost.

It really isn't a question as to why they attack you when you go there, as far as they're concerned you're trespassing on what's left of their home. And they are deranged vengeful spirits, do we really need to put logic behind their actions?
---
You shall obtain the Demon Soul...and a power that is beyond human imagination..
The Maiden in Black's Blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
#14SelftoSelf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 7:10:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15SelftoSelf(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 7:15:17 PM
Also, I would like to bring up something else. Gwynevere is married to the flame god Flann (i believe thats how it's spelled), who she fled with to places unknown

who the hell is Flann?! for a game obsessed with fire, how is he the god of it? it sounds like he could be potentially stronger gwyn, had we more info..

Thoughts?
---
I'm a SL 122 base Vit, Int + Dex build. Find me running through the forest.
#16Cura_of_LatriaPosted 7/13/2013 2:22:50 AM
SelftoSelf posted...
Also, I would like to bring up something else. Gwynevere is married to the flame god Flann (i believe thats how it's spelled), who she fled with to places unknown

who the hell is Flann?! for a game obsessed with fire, how is he the god of it? it sounds like he could be potentially stronger gwyn, had we more info..

Thoughts?

From what I know, there's VERY little information on flann... DkS 2 XD
---
GT: Cura of Latria
#17SquigiPosted 7/13/2013 5:34:38 AM
SelftoSelf posted...

Thoughts?

I remember ENB asking that exact question. It really is a good one though. He and everything relating to him DOES seem to be conspicuously absent.
---
"It's like some sort of Super Mario Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann."-Lord_Muhznit
#18BossXIXPosted 7/13/2013 5:51:50 AM
Great thread fellows, top stuff!
As for the whole "Chosen Undead" thing, I'm curious to find out if people think of it as a prophecy, like the player character is THE chosen one or if the "Chosen Undead" thing is more like a path or a calling.

I believe the latter, I'm of the opinion that other undead have followed the path of ringing the bells, tackling Sens Fortress and attempting to reach Anor Londo.
Undead such as Knight King Rendall, the Balder Knights and IRON TARKUS.

Oscar was probably intending to give it a go too, Solaire seems to have his own quest I guess but I dunno.

I would love to hear your ideas and speculation chaps!
#19LordranWalkerPosted 7/13/2013 6:25:24 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...

Forgot what person/item description says this, but I think that New Londo was an undead city, so the New Londo ghosts would therefore be the ghosts of the undead. The Alluring Skull explains that the undead are attracted to Souls, so the undead ghosts could simply be killing you for your souls.

TC, I wouldn't get hung up on Gwyn's size, as size in this game is very hazy. For example, when Sif wields Artorias' sword it is massive, but when Artorias uses it it is much smaller, and smaller still when you use it. Personally, I think Gwyn (and others of a similar size, such as Artorias and Ornstein) are not Giants or humans, but a different species. Gough, the Anor Londo blacksmith, Sen's Fortress Giants (and possibly the Giant Sentinels and Smough) are what I percieve as giants. Then there is the question of what species people like Ciaran and the Daughters of Chaos (such as Quelana) are, as they are human sized but judging from Ciaran's dialogue she is obviously not human.
---
Official Battle Axe of the Dark Souls Xbox 360 Board.