Darksign+Ring of Sacrifice

#1XanderRingePosted 8/8/2013 5:14:14 AM
How would this work? I'm currently stuck in a certain area with a certain problem and basically need to die but have way too many souls and humanity to lose. Could I possibly equip the Ring of Sacrifice and use the Darksign to die and keep everything or would it all go away? Thanks in advance for any information anyone could provide.
---
As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#2theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:29:01 AM
Where are you? If you need to return to the last bonfire you rested at just equip the RoS and die. There is no need to use the Darksign.

If you rested at a bonfire that requires work to backtrack Tomb of Giants or Ash Lake before getting The Lordvessel it is a waste to use the ring. Go slow and backtrack.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos
#3XanderRinge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 5:34:07 AM
It's kind of hard to die in a normal way at this point... The darksign is pretty much the only option... I'm wondering if I screwed myself or if I use the darksign with a ring of sacrifice equipped, will I retain my souls due to the ring or lose them because I used the darksign?

Sort of like a sword that can penetrate any defense striking a shield that can deflect any blow... Which one wins? It's quite a pickle.
---
As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#4theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:36:42 AM
Quote:It's kind of hard to die in a normal way at this point... The darksign is pretty much the only option... I'm wondering if I screwed myself or if I use the darksign with a ring of sacrifice equipped, will I retain my souls due to the ring or lose them because I used the darksign?

Sort of like a sword that can penetrate any defense striking a shield that can deflect any blow... Which one wins? It's quite a pickle.

@XanderRinge

Where are you? Where is it hard to die?
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos
#5XanderRinge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 5:41:26 AM
SPOILERS

Didn't want to say because I know it's frowned upon... but I have a save edited character with massive hp(basically infinite) and I'm at the first encounter with Seath where you are supposed to die. Problem is, he can't kill me, and I can't even get his curse effect to hit fast enough to kill me either. The only way I can die in that room is through using the darksign, which may not advance the plot, since it won't be Seath killing me. I don't want to use the darksign without knowing what will happen in advance because I don't want to lose my massive amount of souls I edited...

---
#6theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:43:06 AM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/5459Lyc7DmE
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos
#7theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:44:18 AM
Did you go in naked with no soft humanity? That should work.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos
#8XanderRinge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 5:49:24 AM
theos666 posted...
Did you go in naked with no soft humanity? That should work.

I have 11 humanity at the moment. I'll work on getting rid of that and try again...
---
#9theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:54:37 AM
Just go in naked with a rare ring of sacrifice. Put your controller down and wait. He should be able to curse you, even with 11 soft humanity.

If you have all your bonfires kindled than go to a bonfire, Anor Lando would work. Go jump off an edge, retrieve your blood, reverse hollow, repeat until your out of soft humanity, ???, profit. Be careful sometimes the game hides your blood stain.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos
#10theos666Posted 8/8/2013 5:55:39 AM
Or practice the Duke's Archives' Shortcut. Check the video I posted.
---
Rule 2, ignore rule 1.
gt pyrotheos