Good Dex weapon for tail cutting?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Good Dex weapon for tail cutting?

User Info: Zeru64

Zeru64
3 years ago#1
Trying to cut Seath's tail, and my +15 Ricard's Rapier isn't quite doing the trick. I'm a int/dex build. Flamberge seems to have the best dex scaling of greatswords, but otherwise dunno. Any suggestions?
o]-{
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

User Info: IrvingWallace

IrvingWallace
3 years ago#2
Washing Pole
GT: WearyPlane9
DD Pawn: Lisa Ann

User Info: jeffohhs

jeffohhs
3 years ago#3
I was going to try a +15 Great Scythe. Seath's tail is actually the last weapon I need to get 100% achievements. All other bosses I've been able to get tails pretty easily (Gargoyle's on one hit on NG+3). If you try it let me know how it goes...
Why do I have to preview my message, WHY CAN'T I JUST POST IT?!?!

Zeru64
3 years ago#4
jeffohhs posted...
I was going to try a +15 Great Scythe. Seath's tail is actually the last weapon I need to get 100% achievements. All other bosses I've been able to get tails pretty easily (Gargoyle's on one hit on NG+3). If you try it let me know how it goes...

Alrighty. It's hard not finding options that I don't need Shiva for. I don't wanna have to grind out 15 humanity again to rejoin the Chaosbros. >.>;
o]-{

User Info: Dotang34

Dotang34
3 years ago#5
Perhaps the regular Scythe from Sen's? It's not bad. Works like a halberd, so it has a wonderful running attack.
3DS Friend Code - 4468-1236-2824
Dream Address - 5900-2211-7582 (Come trample my flowers!)

Zeru64
3 years ago#6
Dotang34 posted...
Perhaps the regular Scythe from Sen's? It's not bad. Works like a halberd, so it has a wonderful running attack.

Perhaps. Gonna boot up DkS and see what I have to work with here.

Edit: Totally forgot my Balder Side Sword. +15'd it and we'll see if this works. :3
o]-{

User Info: Xcavvv

Xcavvv
3 years ago#7
My latest character is an int/dex. I used +15 great scythe with great magick weapon to get all my dragon weapons.
[This message was deleted at the request of a filthy casual]

User Info: someclown911

someclown911
3 years ago#8
I think the great scythe will do the job. Pretty sure I've done it with the uchi as well

User Info: SpirasGuardian

SpirasGuardian
3 years ago#9
IrvingWallace posted...
Washing Pole

The washing pole is quality weapon.

You could try the uchi/iaito or the falchion, you're going to want to strike as many times as you can within a very short amount of time and those weapons have decent speed. The katana's would be nice for their vertical strike, giving you a better chance of hitting his tail, however I believe the falchion is faster. You could also try the Chaos Blade for a bit more damage.
GT: Spiras Guardian
My Dark Souls channel- www.youtube.com/SpirasGuardianDkS

User Info: Game Player05

Game Player05
3 years ago#10
Murakumo, does the job in only a few hits.
Meh, new sig time.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Good Dex weapon for tail cutting?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived