Save Editor

#1RickscopePosted 11/14/2013 7:42:58 PM
I just downloaded the Save Editor from 360haven, and it works perfectly fine. However, when I downloaded USB XTAF, or whatever, it doesn't respond once I go to 'file: open USB drive.' Am I doing something wrong? I was so pumped to make LEGIT PvP sets, but this is keeping me from doing it...

Has anyone else had the same problem before?
---
PSN: Rickscope
XBL: OuTCLaW
#2curlyauraPosted 11/14/2013 7:50:24 PM
Rickscope posted...
I just downloaded the Save Editor to make LEGIT PvP sets

LOL
---
Gt. PivotalAura7
#3Darksouls420Posted 11/14/2013 7:52:40 PM
I believe I tried that one. I use same save editor I think too. Download Xbox horizon. It's the best way to read the USB. And here's a few tips. Make sure you make a new save file then put it on the USB. ( or have one or more that you know you want to over write) . Move the USB save from horizon to your desktop. It should save it as draks006 or something. Then yeah. Good luck.but be careful posting save edit stuff on here. There's people who do it, are cool with it, and then the people who will despise you for it.
---
Gt: DESPICABLEMe420
#4Rickscope(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 7:52:51 PM
curlyaura posted...
Rickscope posted...

LOL

Ahhh, I get it, lol. That does sound pretty st00pid.
---
#5Rickscope(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 7:57:45 PM
Darksouls420 posted...
I believe I tried that one. I use same save editor I think too. Download Xbox horizon. It's the best way to read the USB. And here's a few tips. Make sure you make a new save file then put it on the USB. ( or have one or more that you know you want to over write) . Move the USB save from horizon to your desktop. It should save it as draks006 or something. Then yeah. Good luck.but be careful posting save edit stuff on here. There's people who do it, are cool with it, and then the people who will despise you for it.

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you. And yeah, I can understand why people would be upset about this and I respect that. It's just I've been playing since day 1 (legit), but since Dark Souls II comes out in March, I just want to have fun with PvP and experience with new sets that I've never used, mainly because I would get sick of starting over and playing up to Seath, to get the MLGS...
---
#6Darksouls420Posted 11/14/2013 8:04:06 PM
Rickscope posted...
Darksouls420 posted...

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you. And yeah, I can understand why people would be upset about this and I respect that. It's just I've been playing since day 1 (legit), but since Dark Souls II comes out in March, I just want to have fun with PvP and experience with new sets that I've never used, mainly because I would get sick of starting over and playing up to Seath, to get the MLGS...

Thats 100% how I feel buddy their a great tool in the right hands aha.
---
#7Rickscope(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 8:26:11 PM
Darksouls420 posted...
Rickscope posted...
Darksouls420 posted...

Tried downloading Horizon, but I had to install this Tube Dimmer program that looked pretty sketchy. I uninstalled Tube and Horizon, 'cause I freaked, lol. Plus, it's the family's computer that I'm trying it on. I'm just going to try and find a fix for the USB XTAF thing. If I can't, I'll just go back to my 3 quality PvP sets, ha. Thanks anyways, man.
---
#8Darksouls420Posted 11/14/2013 8:30:50 PM
Rickscope posted...
Darksouls420 posted...
Rickscope posted...
Darksouls420 posted...

Tried downloading Horizon, but I had to install this Tube Dimmer program that looked pretty sketchy. I uninstalled Tube and Horizon, 'cause I freaked, lol. Plus, it's the family's computer that I'm trying it on. I'm just going to try and find a fix for the USB XTAF thing. If I can't, I'll just go back to my 3 quality PvP sets, ha. Thanks anyways, man.

Hm that's odd. I suggest trying another site with horizon. And give it a shot. My horizon if I remember correctly didnt require random downloads. But good luck! And if u get that save editor working u can give ur self neon hair by going to the hair eye color settings and setting the color to like above five. Ul see what I mean but the decimal numbers they give u mean it's closer to black or dark. The higher the number the brighter the color! Good luck!
---
#9kingnahum17Posted 11/14/2013 9:50:58 PM(edited)
Rickscope posted...
curlyaura posted...
Rickscope posted...

LOL

Ahhh, I get it, lol. That does sound pretty st00pid.

Not really. Most of the board veterans like myself make legitimate builds with them all the time. It gets so repetitive if your just trying to make a build just to see how it fares in Pvp and level up as you play. A lot of times you'll find out it needs a minor tweaking to the stats to optimize it, in which case if you didn't have the save editor, you'd have to delete that character and restart from scratch only to change a few things around.

It saves a TON of time and effort that I can put into PvP or other things. If you want to hate me for it that's cool. Send me hatemail all day for not being a cheater and running a legitimate build. I run off hatemail baybay!

As far as you USB Xtaf problem goes. What you want to do is open manually, then find the file labeled drak006 or something like that. Copy that to your desktop. Open your save editor and use the one from your desktop to do the dirty work. Once your done make sure to save, then paste the new file from your desktop onto the old one in Xtaf. It will be named the same, but the new file has your character.

Insert into Xbox, transfer save data back to your hard drive and run the game. It'll often show up as the character you had before but when you play it, you'll have the new dude.

If you didn't "move" the file on your hard drive on your Xbox that's labeled "save" then it will not show up in Xtaf.
---
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Need gaming help? Go here: http://www.youtube.com/kingnahum17
#10TonberryPunchPosted 11/14/2013 9:53:29 PM
I've heard that if the problem persists you should format your Xbox HDD. If that doesn't fix it, you should format your computer's HDD and try again.