Dark Souls 2

#1knight1014139Posted 1/15/2014 10:16:43 AM
We are getting closer and closer to that March 11th release date for Dark Souls 2 and I wanted to know what your guys' opinion for this game is so far. I'm sure you guys have seen beta footage, maybe even played the beta. Do you guys think this will be on par with the first Dark Souls, below it or better? I just want to get an idea from other opinions. Thanks.
---
XBL Gamertag: MyGunsGoBOOM
#2The_404sPosted 1/15/2014 10:29:20 AM
I'm unhappy with the new way that summoning will be handled. The whole time limit bit really bothers me. I've done more than my fair share of solo runs in DaS1, but I'm at a point where playing with another is the only fun I can squeeze out of the game (along with invading of course)

I don't want to have to double back to the beginning of a level just to resummon my friend so we can fight the boss.

I'm also not too happy about the new blue phantom covenant. I assumed that timed summons was a measure to curb ganking, but now there's a whole covenant dedicated to it. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
#3knight1014139(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:33:39 AM
Time limit? Are you serious? Out of curiosity, where did you read this? I believe you, im just not familiar with the game or what websites to visit.
---
#4beggargirlPosted 1/15/2014 10:36:25 AM
I played the Beta. I don't know if it will be as good as Dark Souls, but from playing I can tell you I enjoyed it enough and am going to buy the game.

The beta felt a bit more Demon's Soulish to me, which is fine. I'm not holding my breath, but I am looking forward to it. My favorite part is going to be being around while everyone experiences the game for the first time and tries to figure everything out.
#5Tinman357MPosted 1/15/2014 10:39:51 AM
The_404s posted...
there's a whole covenant dedicated to it

this right here bothers me, I assume you're talking about the covenant that auto-summons buddies to help out if you get invaded? thats some bulls*** is all that is
---
Kill Pretty
when vengeance is righteous, it becomes justice
#6pirate109Posted 1/15/2014 10:44:38 AM
It looks pretty bad compared to DeS/DaS, but will probably still be worth playing and better than most other modern games.
---
GT: wgt07
Metroid Prime, Super Meat Boy speed runs: http://www.youtube.com/user/wgtan01
#7LordranWalkerPosted 1/15/2014 10:49:54 AM
Tinman357M posted...
The_404s posted...

this right here bothers me, I assume you're talking about the covenant that auto-summons buddies to help out if you get invaded? thats some bulls*** is all that is

Don't see why it is. It balances out the fact that you can be invaded at any time now (even when hollow). Just because it means invasions will be harder doesn't make it bulls***.
When the host is trying to go through a level, he/she would be a fool not to summon help when invaded.
#8IRON-SWANPosted 1/15/2014 10:59:12 AM
Tinman357M posted...
The_404s posted...

I don't know, doesn't seem that bad too me. Those blue phantoms are unable to interact with the hosts world, all they can do is fight the invader , and as soon as said invader is dead they get returned to their own world.
you can now be invaded while hollow , so I think this covenant is aimed at helping players who wish to avoid pvp, they can go about their pve buisness while the summoned blue protects them. Sure it can be used to gank a little bit but that just means the invaders will have to use the environment to their advantage .invaders also have less health when they invade.
Seems the way pvp is going to be is that invasions are supposed to be just that , invasions . Honor duels are still catered for with red summon signs.

I don't know , I'm excited. From what I've seen and heard dark souls 2 is going to be fantastic, ill wager it'll be better than the first
---
GT:Royal Sentinel "if you want blood you got it"
\(===)/ Official OnionBro of Gamefaqs \(===)/
#9Tinman357MPosted 1/15/2014 11:02:36 AM
IRON-SWAN posted...
you can now be invaded while hollow

THAT I didn't know... okay, I get the point of the covenant in that case, but you know its going to be abused by d*****bags that wanna gank. if anything, that'll make invasions even more annoying lol

BUT dks2 has cape animations, so I'm down :)
---
Kill Pretty
when vengeance is righteous, it becomes justice
#10knight1014139(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 11:13:39 AM
I don't know how I feel about being invaded while being hollow. I guess in Dark Souls it made sense that you couldn't be invaded if you were hollow.
---