About stats

#11TonberryPunchPosted 1/24/2014 3:49:14 PM(edited)
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Just to clarify, two handing the Drake Sword does nothing as it scales with no stats. The only way you'll do more damage with it is if you upgrade it with Dragon Scales, otherwise it won't get a boost in damage by two handing it.

Just to clarify, two handing the Drake Sword increases the damage ~30-35%, even though it scales with no stats. The only way you'll do more damage with it is if you upgrade it with Dragon Scales, or press "Y" and get a boost in damage by two handing it.

Stop helping.

EDIT:
yoyodoj0 posted...
the only thing i would suggest is either invest in some spells/ pyromancy or start pumping up dex so u can use bows. its nice to have some kind of ranged option, some bosses (that pesky hydra) require it.

Don't bother investing in dex for bows, but get it to 18 for the Black Knight weapons; it'll make your STR investment that much better. Want a ranged option: CROSSBOW.

Keynomaru posted...
...I can't seem to kill the Bounding Demons in the lava. :(

The answer to this is also CROSSBOW.
#12Necro_Fear89Posted 1/24/2014 5:28:54 PM
@Tonberry

Stop helping? Why can't you just say something along the lines of; "Hey man, the sword does get a boost so you're wrong"..

To which I'll reply; "Oh, cool Tonberry, I'll remember that for next time as I didn't know!!"

But no, I guess it's much simpler to be a jerk right? Takes less brain thought I suppose, shows real character.
---
All riven, kith and kin, all given for this- a never ending riddle,
my flesh worn, heart betorn, mind, by mem'ry, begyved...
#13lunajennyPosted 1/24/2014 5:30:53 PM
Generally dex is considered superior to strength. I would raise Vit to 50 and then get Dex up to 40, this will allow you to use all dex and quality weapons very effectively. You may want to consider 45 dex and about 16 attunement to be able to make use of pyromancies effectively as they work very well with dex and quality styles
---
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
Yes I believe in the Dark Lord. He is our Saviour.
#14TonberryPunchPosted 1/24/2014 6:03:07 PM
@Metro_Beer98

I don't know about simpler, but It's certainly more entertaining to me. But does it show as much character as criticizing someone while being 100% wrong with your rebuttal and then, how did you say...

Necro_Fear89 posted...
...there's no need to come off like an ass when I was just trying to be helpful.

And what's worse is you tried to make pedantry and semantics your allies (which they are not good at) by claiming that he hadn't specified he was using the two-hand special attack to kill the hydra. Oh really? Did he just swim over the instant death lake and swat it with his two-handed attack? It couldn't possibly have been that he used the two-hand special that shoots a wave of hurt over a long distance, no, that couldn't have been it.

So why don't you put your victim card back in the deck, we're not playing that game.