Easiest way to do a play through of Dark Souls...

#1invykingPosted 1/24/2014 2:15:11 PM
Just wanting to run through it real fast before Dark Souls 2 comes out, I was wondering what would be the simplest and easiest way to run through the game. Thanks!! I like strength builds more than anything, but I'm willing to explore.
#2Necro_Fear89Posted 1/24/2014 2:18:47 PM
Just play the game normally, if you have any questions to how to beat a boss or how to get items then let us know and we will help you. Just be patient and you'll beat the game in no time.
---
All riven, kith and kin, all given for this- a never ending riddle,
my flesh worn, heart betorn, mind, by mem'ry, begyved...
#3terrasque13Posted 1/24/2014 2:21:07 PM(edited)
Get the claymore and knights armor early, from dragon bridge and in front of hydra respectively, and get a compound bow from the ghost area (youtube for easy early way) for a good ranged weapon. Then build up str, end, vit, and charge. Good shields are grass crest and dragon crest.
---
I probably like this game
#4Luke-the-SomePosted 1/24/2014 2:28:46 PM
terrasque13 posted...
Get the claymore and knights armor early, from dragon bridge and in front of hydra respectively, and get a compound bow from the ghost area (youtube for easy early way) for a good ranged weapon. Then build up str, end, vit, and charge. Good shields are grass crest and dragon crest.

Dude... you have enough time to beat the game. DkS2 doesn't come out for another month and a half.
---
Hard boiled eggs + Soy sauce = God
#5lunajennyPosted 1/24/2014 5:47:38 PM
Pick a pyromancer at the start, pyros are very strong. Once you find the pyromancer in the depths you can start improving your pyro flame and buying some new pyros. They start off cheap and get more expensive as you get upgrades, but they are generally very strong. Once your pyro flame reaches lvl 10 you can further improve it at the pyromancer in the blighttown swamp. Good pyromancies are combustion and fireball spells, the former is fast and hard hitting while the latter has some decent range.

Make sure you get about 16 attunement for the 4 attunement slots and then pump vit to 40-50 for a lot of hp and 40 end for stamina. You should prioritise raising your pyro flame level though, but raise your stats if it's considerably cheaper than raising your pyro flame. End isn't as important because pyromancy doesn't require stamina, you will only be using your stamina for blocking or dodging.

You probably won't have enough spell casts to kill everything with pyro, so bring a weapon for weaker foes and save your pyros for bosses and tough enemies. You can get a lightning weapon when you get to Anor Londo which doesn't scale on str/dex and thus does the same damage regardless of your stats, which is decent enough for most enemies. I recommend going with a lightning estoc and a shield which will allow you to shield poke.
---
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
Yes I believe in the Dark Lord. He is our Saviour.
#6gibson2004Posted 1/24/2014 6:32:11 PM
I think the fastest would be a dex build, since you can get great dex weapons like the BSS or uchigatana early and not have to spend resources upgrading multiple weapons and buying spells at the same time. You can definitely add in some pyromancy or faith if you have the souls, but if you're really looking to do it quickly you can probably eschew those and just focus on getting good at dodge-roll, parries, and backstabs.

Dex also lets you turtle with an estoc or a spear for things you can't dodge or parry, so you have that option as a failsafe as well.

Once you get dex maxed and have enough HP and stamina to feel comfortable, augment it with magic. You have a bit of a choice here, as int or faith is probably stronger, but pyromancy is cheaper and easier to upgrade; you can get a +5 ascended flame with most of the strongest spells early on, whereas the best sorceries and miracles aren't available until later. Pyromancy would also keep your character more flexible if you decide to change directions.
#7Gobey6Posted 1/24/2014 9:29:10 PM
:(

I read this as "sexiest way to play dark souls"

Disappointed
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#8CoontemptusPosted 1/25/2014 2:03:22 PM
Gobey6 posted...
:(

I read this as "sexiest way to play dark souls"

Disappointed

The answer to that is to play while wearing my custom "KEEP CALM AND BONFIRE LIT" shirt of course.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#9HwbmKieranPosted 1/25/2014 2:21:50 PM
I completed it in 5 hours the other day. I know not the best time byt it's ok for me lol.
#10BurnsDepartmentPosted 1/25/2014 2:40:47 PM
You're going to miss a lot of what makes people love this game if you get other people to think about it for you and give you easy ways to beat it.
---
Previously corrected a lot, now in-sig; I'm not a he.