Possibly a bad sign as far as a western version's concerned

#1FivePoundNotePosted 4/20/2011 11:58:41 AM
Joker 2 had a partial English translation in the ROM. Strong evidence of a localisation.

From what I hear of Joker 2 Pro, there's nothing. Nyet. Nada. Not even the stuff they had already translated.

This isn't the end, but that was the only indication we had that it was coming. I now fear the worst.
#2King_ZenithPosted 4/20/2011 1:00:19 PM
Similar thoughts were going around when Dragon Quest 4 for the DS came with a partial English script, but Dragon Quest 5 and 6 did not. It's not quite the same thing, but there was certainly a fair amount of panicking going on when Dragon Quest 5 hit Japan and had no evidence of an English script.

I'll admit I'm a bit concerned too. I don't think it's in the bag as far as localization probability is concerned, but I remain hopeful that we will get this. I don't know why Square-Enix always has to wait until a month before the game hits stores before they can even admit they are working on it, but that seems to be the modus operandi for them. If / when this game does come west, I doubt we'll be getting much notice.
#3RLegacy3Posted 4/20/2011 1:39:27 PM
If this isn't localised then it'll be a seriously sour end to the DS's life for me. DQMJ2P looks to be the best instalment since the second, and would be the ideal send off.
#4King_ZenithPosted 4/20/2011 1:59:49 PM
It would also be the first DQ game for the DS not localized (unless you count the non-pro version or Dragon Quest and Super Mario in Itadaki Street).
#5David ChengPosted 4/21/2011 2:32:01 AM
This is DQM, not DQ. I think not many DQM games are localized. At least the DQM games on GBA, PS1 & the DQM card battle game on Wii are not localized, not to mention Joker 2.
---
Most anticipated : Dead Rising 2 : Off the Record (XB360), RE : Operation Raccoon City (XB360), Dragon's Dogma (XB360), Dawn of Fantasy (PC)
#6RLegacy3Posted 4/21/2011 2:41:21 AM
Caravan Heart on the GBA is the only instalment not to be localised. The PSOne DQM was just a remake of the first two.

The card games aren't part of the Monsters series.