Wrong Answer of the Game (spoilers)

#1IndyBoy180Posted 2/8/2011 7:22:38 PM
For those wondering picking the Wrong Answer of the Game will give you 8000 and you win the sponsor prize in a mock fashion. Also the wrong answer of the game for Episode 1 is a Super Supreme Pizza.
---
GT: Blitzrules240
#2poultrygeist1Posted 2/8/2011 11:34:17 PM
So was there any logic why supreme pizza was the wrong answer? Like the sponsor was a pizza company? Or do you just have to pick a wrong answer and hope you get lucky?
#3GarrettJDPosted 2/8/2011 11:40:49 PM
The Wrong Answer of the Game is always related somehow to the "sponsor" given at the beginning of the show. For example, the sponsor for this episode is Supreme Court Children's Vitamins, so the correct wrong answer is Supreme pizza.
#4_TornadoTK_Posted 2/9/2011 1:07:24 AM
The Wrong Answer of the Game will always relate to the sponsor. Sometimes it will contain words in the sponsor's name (or synonyms), or just fit the theme (or purpose) of the brand shown.

The Wrong Answer of the Game awards all players who chose it $4,000. During Round 2, it is worth double ($8,000) as with the rest of the questions.

To save your prize, you must complete the episode.
---
More of less than ever before.
#5SvenyipPosted 2/9/2011 1:19:08 AM
It's actually a neat addition to the game - you need to keep a concept in your head for the entire game, and it slows down your potential response for the questions. In a competitive game, you can't afford to miss it, because it's twice as valuable as immediately answering in with the CORRECT response.

But at the same time, the fact that there are achievements around getting them (including one for getting the Wrong Answer prize in ALL 73 episodes) means that there will be "FAQ Spoilers" out there within a week. And without a "scramble questions between episodes" option, on-line support will soon be useless for this game.

You never know when you'll encounter a Max/Minner, replaying episodes for the prizes. "Okay, we're playing this Episode ... that means the answers I want to pick are A, B, X, the Dis-or-Dat with X/X/B/X/B/B/X, Y, B, X, Y (as the Wrong Answer of The Day), B, X, and then the Jack Attack."

Myself, I'll stick with primarily local play, and avoid those Answer FAQs like the plague, at least until I've played through all the episodes once. And I'll probably do a lot of on-line play on it this weekend, before the FAQs ruin it.
---
Svenyip (Peridot Weapon on XBox Live)
#6dan7799Posted 2/11/2011 9:41:53 PM
Well for episode number 10 dracula triggers the prize from blood co.

The question is of the 4 movie monsters who doesn't have a heart
Frankenstien, the wolfman, dracula, the mummy
#7IndyBoy180(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2011 10:26:26 PM
Dan, funny you said that because I just did that episode tonight. And Dracula was a dead giveaway for that one.
---
GT: Blitzrules240
#8rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/12/2011 3:48:06 AM(edited)
There's one episode where the prize is a Banana Toaster, and the WAOTG is "Potassium". Since bananas have potassium.

I've only got two prizes so far, one I got in Episode 4 or 5 after learning that the WAOTG was related to the sponsor (something about a Fashion Barrel, and I think the answer was something related to Cracker Barrel), and the other from playing Episode 1 three times.

A few episodes later, though, it turns out I'm crap at keeping the idea in my head the whole game, so I'm just not getting any more prizes. the Dracula thing occurred to me immediately after I chose something else, so I was kicking myself for that.
---
X360: RockYouMonkeys
Now Reading: Judas Unchained, P. Hamilton
#9dan7799Posted 2/12/2011 4:41:34 PM
There's one episode where the prize is a Banana Toaster, and the WAOTG is "Potassium". Since bananas have potassium

Episode 8 is what your looking for
#10DeathGodGarraPosted 2/13/2011 1:51:08 PM

It's actually a neat addition to the game - you need to keep a concept in your head for the entire game, and it slows down your potential response for the questions. In a competitive game, you can't afford to miss it, because it's twice as valuable as immediately answering in with the CORRECT response.

But at the same time, the fact that there are achievements around getting them (including one for getting the Wrong Answer prize in ALL 73 episodes) means that there will be "FAQ Spoilers" out there within a week. And without a "scramble questions between episodes" option, on-line support will soon be useless for this game.

You never know when you'll encounter a Max/Minner, replaying episodes for the prizes. "Okay, we're playing this Episode ... that means the answers I want to pick are A, B, X, the Dis-or-Dat with X/X/B/X/B/B/X, Y, B, X, Y (as the Wrong Answer of The Day), B, X, and then the Jack Attack."

Myself, I'll stick with primarily local play, and avoid those Answer FAQs like the plague, at least until I've played through all the episodes once. And I'll probably do a lot of on-line play on it this weekend, before the FAQs ruin it.

There already is a guide out for all the Wrong Answers of the Game.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=293540
---
See You, Space Cowboy!
GT: Linkin10362