Need two controllers for two players?

#1Cleo256Posted 2/14/2011 1:43:11 PM
Trying to choose between the Wii and XBox versions of this game. Looks like the Wii has no DLC, so that's a point in favor of the XBox version.

But how many controllers do I need for 2 players to play? Does the game support "sweetie" mode? In other words, can I play on the left side of the controller while my wife plays on the right side? Or do I need to buy 2 controllers for 2 players? I don't have 2 XBox controllers, but I do have 2 Wii controllers.

I saw a review of the DS version and it does support sweetie mode, so they at least thought of it there.

I also saw someone posted this question earlier, but it was pre-release so no one knew for sure.

Does anyone know for sure now?
#2Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/14/2011 10:34:55 PM
You need one controller per person b/c there's no 'buzzing in' in this version of YDKJ. Each player has to lock in an answer with more points given for a faster answer.
#3Cleo256(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2011 11:52:13 PM
The DS version makes it work. See this review: http://reviewlagoon.com/viewarticle.php?articleID=26

"The DS version allows for two players on a single DS - close snuggling is required. One player plays with the D-Pad, one player plays with the buttons."

D-pad and buttons would also work on an XBox controller. (I doubt the Wii controller has enough buttons to handle it).

Anyway, we're probably going to go XBox anyway, because of the DLC. If we have to buy a second controller, so be it.
#4TragedyAnnPosted 2/18/2011 10:50:42 PM
Just fyi...

If you own an xbox version of scene-it, this game supports the 4 scene-it "buzzer" controllers.

We bought it today, and we somehow misplaced one of our 4 regular xbox controllers (No idea how, it vanished, lol) ... so we figured, "screw it, let's try the scene it buzzers" because we had four people who wanted to play...

Not only did the scene-it controllers work fine, but the game actually recognized the fact that we were using scene-it controllers, and adjusted the gameplay interface accordingly. So obviously the creators of TDKJ, realizing they're in the "trivia game" market, made their game compatable with other "trivia game" controllers.

Which is awesome.

Because had the scene-it buzzers not worked, one of us would have been using a rock band guitar... lol...
#5PoptartJunkiePosted 2/20/2011 4:46:04 AM
"Because had the scene-it buzzers not worked, one of us would have been using a rock band guitar"

That made me lol.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/pp2.png
Old Man Mafia - 2o2p