Any chance of this coming to the PC?

#11TheoryofJusticePosted 8/21/2012 2:33:16 PM
I think Dust is an XNA game. If that's true, we probably won't see a PC port, unfortunately.
---
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown ... finally.
#12CGB_SpenderPosted 8/21/2012 3:18:36 PM
TheoryofJustice posted...
I think Dust is an XNA game. If that's true, we probably won't see a PC port, unfortunately.

The upcoming game Owlboy is being created using XNA and so far it is only slated for a PC release with a strong possibility of a Xbox release.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#13MikeGnzPosted 8/21/2012 4:26:03 PM

It's possible. There's XNA redists, some G4WL and Steam games I have installed several.
---
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8413/zangoosebyhartlesslazer.jpg
Wait...so then what the hell do I do with all these scissors!?
#14SykostuffPosted 8/22/2012 4:50:14 PM
madman608 posted...
I would love for it to be released on Steam so my PC master race friends could play it.

It's true pc gamers are as lowly as nazis
---
Religion is the single most destructive creation of the human race.
#15LiwakipPosted 8/22/2012 10:40:57 PM
madman608 posted...
I would love for it to be released on Steam so my PC master race friends could play it.

It's true pc gamers are as lowly as nazis

The console race was always your favorite, Sykostuff, but now there is no console race. There is only... the PC Master Race!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha...

And so it came to pass, on August 23, 2012, that the console race did cease to exist. But even then, the PC Master had no concept of his greater role in events. For this was far more than console's end. This day was the day upon which the whole of technology would change forever. This was the day the Atari Jaguar returned.

FOR ATARI! FOR VICTORY! FOR THE END OF GAMING ITSELF!
---
Mmmmph mmmmph, mmmmm mmmmmp mmmmmph. Mmmmmph mpm!
Mmmmmph mph mm! Hm mmmmmph, hmmmmph mm mmmmmph mmmmmph!
#16KirbyMaster1Posted 8/23/2012 10:57:25 AM

Terraria, Plain Sight, AI War: Fleet Command, Blueberry Garden, Capsized, Infiniminer, and Magicka are all PC games that have been built on XNA.
---
http://i.minus.com/igIoflJLECeP8.gif
#17TheoryofJusticePosted 8/23/2012 12:23:18 PM(edited)
KirbyMaster1 posted...

Terraria, Plain Sight, AI War: Fleet Command, Blueberry Garden, Capsized, Infiniminer, and Magicka are all PC games that have been built on XNA.

Well, then things look better, I suppose. I'm not a programmer, so i don't really care. I still don't think this will be ported to PC, though.
---
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown ... finally.
#18TheoryofJusticePosted 8/23/2012 12:22:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19TheOinkanatorPosted 8/23/2012 12:48:58 PM
It probably will eventually as the game is doing pretty well critically (and maybe financially?), but don't except it for quite a while.
---
Viewer discretion advised
#20KirbyMaster1Posted 8/23/2012 1:18:18 PM(edited)
KirbyMaster1 posted...

Well, then things look better, I suppose. I'm not a programmer, so i don't really care. I still don't think this will be ported to PC, though.

Microsoft isn't against porting their published titles to PC, either. Iron Brigade just came to PC a few weeks ago, the Microsoft-published LIMBO made its way to both PC and PSN, same with Braid and Castle Crashers. Microsoft does not necessarily ask for control of the IP when they publish a game. It's one of the reasons indie devs like to work with Microsoft instead of Sony.

We don't know Dust's publishing deal, but if the past is any indication Dean Dodrill himself could very well hold the IP rights. That would mean a PC port would be entirely up to him. XNA was built for use on PC and 360, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to port it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z7urU.jpg