Any chance for a sequel? (WARNING: FULL-GAME SPOILERS INSIDE)

#1DullahansXMarkPosted 8/24/2012 11:16:41 PM
Yeah, so in other words, this contains some serious spoilers, but you should already know that. If you find out something new here, then that's your own fault. Don't be blaming me.

Now then...

In Chapter 4, Ahrah mentioned that he was one of five Blades of Elysium, but we never see any of the other four. We all know that Dust dies at the end (or... you know, the "thing"), so he probably wouldn't be the protagonist again, but is it possible that this simple passing comment could be a hint at a sequel(s)? Yeah, there's also that movie that's coming out God-knows-when, so that might be the segue, but I'd like to think that this isn't the end of the story.

Any thoughts?
#2SR71haloPosted 8/24/2012 11:42:41 PM
It's hard to say. The ending certainly left it open for another game, and the mention of the other swords of Elysian is a good indication that it is possible. I think it mainly depends on how well this game does though and if we see another one, it probably won't be until after his movie is finished.

I would love to see more though, it would be interesting to see a new protagonist too, maybe have him posses another sword other than Ahrah.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
#3Krillos55Posted 8/24/2012 11:43:06 PM
If you look at the ending more carefully, you'll notice that after the Blade of Ahra dug out of the ground and flew away, it was followed by a gray smoke which I assume to be made of dust. Judging from Fidget's sudden anxious pursuit on the Blade, Ginger's hopeful expression and Elder Gray Eyes's speech with subtle suggestive nature, I suspect Dust's story has not yet been ended and that, I firmly believe, spells "sequel".
#4GGearXPosted 8/25/2012 12:44:04 AM
DullahansXMark posted...
Yeah, so in other words, this contains some serious spoilers, but you should already know that. If you find out something new here, then that's your own fault. Don't be blaming me.

Now then...

In Chapter 4, Ahrah mentioned that he was one of five Blades of Elysium, but we never see any of the other four. We all know that Dust dies at the end (or... you know, the "thing"), so he probably wouldn't be the protagonist again, but is it possible that this simple passing comment could be a hint at a sequel(s)? Yeah, there's also that movie that's coming out God-knows-when, so that might be the segue, but I'd like to think that this isn't the end of the story.

Any thoughts?

Woah.... are you my clone?! I remember that scene about the blades. I was going to post about it too @_@ weird.... but yeah I'm pretty sure theres going to be a sequel or something where you play as other characters like dust. Maybe there might be a gas character perhaps :P
---
GT: Halllelujah
I'm not a religious person! Allelujah Haptism, google it!
#5Star_SagePosted 8/25/2012 1:58:44 AM
I've heard tell elsewhere on this board, that Dust is actually a sidequel to a story the guy who made it has been working on for a while, so the blades probably appear in that. Though yeah, I'd love a sequel featuring all five blades, each having their own style that you can switch between.

Like Arhak is the light blade, focusing on speed, another focuses on power, giving you more attack strength, but limiting your agility, one is an all around weapon, giving you balance, another is all about the magic, making that even stronger, but taking away most of your other movies, and a final one that's defensive, giving you blocks and counters, rather than just attacks.
#6FoxyArekuPosted 8/25/2012 7:07:32 AM
Dust will return if there is another game, in some way.

Though unless noogytoad gets a huge increase in funding or lots of help, it'll probably not be for another 5 years.
---
Not changing sig until Twisted Fate gets his ult back.
League of Legends: 8/24/2011
#7DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 11:36:34 AM
Yeah, I can imagine that a sequel wouldn't be coming for a while (mostly due to the movie and all), but despite how full and amazing this game was, it just left me wanting more XD

And I did a little math in my sleep just now (lol), and figured that this game must've made profits of about $90,000*, which, I would hope is a substantial amount of money. (I understand that ginormous companies like Square-Enix would blow through that very quickly, but Humble Hearts is still at its Origins phase)

All in all, that $15 was the best $15 I ever spent, and I honestly might've paid full-price for it in retrospect, because the game was just that awesome to me. We can only hope that this isn't the end :3

*if you go on the Leaderboards, the game details that there are ~6000 players. 6000 players x $15 = $90,000 profits.
#8MikeGnzPosted 8/25/2012 3:17:51 PM
The film might be a sequel.

For those who don't know, Dean Dooril, the game's creator, ha been working on a film called An Elysian Tail (not to be confused with this game, Dust: An Elysian Tail) for longer than he's been working on the game. The animated film will feature Ahrah being wielded by another person from the world Dust is set in, but I don't think Dooril has confirmed if it's a sequel or prequel yet.
---
http://i27.tinypic.com/10sb3og.png | http://i.imgur.com/rnOYo.png
#9DullahansXMark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 6:26:17 PM
MikeGnz posted...
The film might be a sequel.

For those who don't know, Dean Dooril, the game's creator, ha been working on a film called An Elysian Tail (not to be confused with this game, Dust: An Elysian Tail) for longer than he's been working on the game. The animated film will feature Ahrah being wielded by another person from the world Dust is set in, but I don't think Dooril has confirmed if it's a sequel or prequel yet.

That's probably most likely. Rather unfortunate, because this game was just so darn fun (not just gameplay, but story and setting too)
#10TechnoSuperguyPosted 8/30/2012 9:32:07 AM
I wondered the same thing about the other 4 blades of Elysium. Also, who is the King that Cassius mentioned in the flashback? Was he referring to General Gaius, or someone even higher up the food chain?

But more importantly... there's gonna be a MOVIE? Explain.