High Power Pistol + Unicorn Question (Is there a Deed or something?!?!)

#1SaroenXPosted 5/27/2011 12:57:22 PM

So I've fully completed the game 100%, and have almost every weapon available to me - besides the High Power Pistol that you get from helping the guys in the gatling gun camps that request undead people, or undead parts. So far I've done this like 4 or 5 times, and It's driving me crazy because i'm completely OCD and MUST have EVERYTHING!!!!. Does anyone know how many times I have to help the professor before he'll give me the pistol? I really want it!!!

Also - as mentioned in the Title, is there a Deed for the Unicorn? I love him, but I also would like to ride some of the other horses again without having to capture the unicorn again (if you even CAN capture him again). I guess after I get the pistol, and have fully gotten everything there is to get in single player, I could just save it and play without saving using a different undead horse :(

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

P.S - i know if you die, the unicorn comes back to you. but that doesn't help if you switch horses :(

#2riddlebox89Posted 5/27/2011 10:26:59 PM
you have to help him four to six times.

no there is no deed/blood pact for the unicorn, some kind of "unicorns are free creatures" bull crap.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3HerrixPosted 6/4/2011 8:54:52 AM

SaroenX posted...

Also - as mentioned in the Title, is there a Deed for the Unicorn? I love him, but I also would like to ride some of the other horses again without having to capture the unicorn again (if you even CAN capture him again).

Sorry for the late post, but I just now realized you can capture the Unicorn again. I had him before I beat the game, then when I completed the story I was rewarded with Death (double meaning!) even though I'd already captured him, so now the Unicorn was no longer my horse. I went looking for him in the same spot and he was there, running around gleefully. I don't know why I care about the Unicorn; I feel like I'm in an episode of Rainbow Brite or something whenever I ride him, that is, if Rainbow Brite ever had to deal with a zombie epidemic.

#4MrStarkillerPosted 6/26/2011 11:37:49 PM
I'll probably use the Unicorn for end game play though it lacks a special kill upon trampling (or any kill means rather). I wasn't aware the basic pack wouldn't net me an Explosive Rifle or (more importantly) the Tomahawk. Bah. I'll have to get the rest later. Would have been useful for the No-Gun run as a sub for the Throwing Knives. No matter. War and the torch will cover most conflicts.