Hunk's weapon loadout

#1lighters_sonPosted 10/2/2011 8:40:25 AM
I'm just a little disappointed with H.U.N.K.'s weapon loadout in this game. They gave Claire the Matilda and Rebecca the MP5 and there's no Custom TMP (much less a regular TMP) in sight. All these weapons define H.U.N.K.'s arsenal and play style in my opinion. Any thoughts?
#2DragonKnight387Posted 10/2/2011 1:54:25 PM
lighters_son posted...
I'm just a little disappointed with H.U.N.K.'s weapon loadout in this game. They gave Claire the Matilda and Rebecca the MP5 and there's no Custom TMP (much less a regular TMP) in sight. All these weapons define H.U.N.K.'s arsenal and play style in my opinion. Any thoughts?

AK-74 is better than the TMP, so no loss.
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.
#3CaptainRandom1Posted 10/2/2011 2:58:30 PM
lighters_son posted...

Use it with Barry and luck for instant win
---
Proud 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
#4lighters_son(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2011 9:55:50 AM
I realize the game is not canon but I think at least his weapon loadout should be. And never in the whole series has H.U.N.K. been seen with any of those weapons, just kinda bugs me, but oh well lol.
#5sbn4Posted 10/3/2011 2:42:19 PM
Not sure what you are talking about TC. I don't think the TMP defined HUNK at all. If you had complained about his lack of neckbreaker, that would have been one thing. In his first actual cannon appearance, he has a VP-70, a Desert Eagle, and a shotgun. In RE4, he had none of those. The only thing that doesn't make sense about his loadout is that HUNK is technically a mercenary and I don't believe his loadout is exactly standard issue considering that.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6allenthom23Posted 10/5/2011 3:11:01 PM
*Not sure what you are talking about TC. I don't think the TMP defined HUNK at all. If you had complained about his lack of neckbreaker, that would have been one thing. In his first actual cannon appearance, he has a VP-70, a Desert Eagle, and a shotgun. In RE4, he had none of those. The only thing that doesn't make sense about his loadout is that HUNK is technically a mercenary and I don't believe his loadout is exactly standard issue considering that*

Agreed! Hunk's neckbreaker is the #1 thing that they shoulda kept. I mean him using his elbow to strike looks cool but... The neckbreaker says it all for Hunk.
---
ODST's... Now is one of those times, it pays to be the strong silent type...
#7lighters_son(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 11:24:37 AM
You guys are correct, I've since done some research. I played resident evil 4 mercenaries as my introduction to HUNK and thus didn't realize that he had a different arsenal in previous games. Although it seems an mp5 or tmp is standard issue for uss soldiers. I've been trying to unlock 4th survivor in RE2 so I looked up what he comes equipped with and I didn't expect him to have a shotgun as opposed to a mp5 or tmp. Played 4th survivor in Umbrella Chronicles and he had the matilda, and a tmp, plus the handcannon if found. So naturally I figured he would have at least one of those weapons previously mentioned in Mercenaries 3D, oh well. I'll get over it. Too bad about the neckbreaker though, I loved using that on the bella sisters in RE4...
#8DragonKnight387Posted 10/6/2011 1:18:04 PM
allenthom23 posted...
*Not sure what you are talking about TC. I don't think the TMP defined HUNK at all. If you had complained about his lack of neckbreaker, that would have been one thing. In his first actual cannon appearance, he has a VP-70, a Desert Eagle, and a shotgun. In RE4, he had none of those. The only thing that doesn't make sense about his loadout is that HUNK is technically a mercenary and I don't believe his loadout is exactly standard issue considering that*

Agreed! Hunk's neckbreaker is the #1 thing that they shoulda kept. I mean him using his elbow to strike looks cool but... The neckbreaker says it all for Hunk.

Sure would make him overpowered though. Three instant-kill moves? Unless they change The End into something else.
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.
#9FelurianPosted 10/7/2011 2:58:37 PM
I actually like HUNK's weapons. The handgun is useful for setting up melees, as they all are, and the AK-47 packs a punch while the Grenade Launcher is brilliant at interrupting bosses. It's my second favourite set, after Barry's.