The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I wish they remade Projet Zero 1 instead

#1devlkorePosted 4/12/2012 8:58:39 PM
...am I alone with this thought?

I have played through Project Zero 1 & 2 multiple times on the Xbox and they are both great games, but I thought the atmosphere, story, camera angles, graphics/lighting* and ghost designs were better in the first game.

Also, now that they have done this one, it seems very unlikely that they will go even further back and remake the first.

*PZ1 seemed to have much more accurate raytracing which for a game like this actually helped the atmosphere, going up the first staircase in PZ1 where you can see the light splitting through the stairs is a perfect example.
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[WFC: Scout/Scientist] [BBCS: Hakumen] [KOF2K2UM: Leona/Mature/King] [SSF4: Bison/Sakura] [MvC3: Akuma & Friends]
#2Malek86Posted 4/13/2012 5:01:38 AM
They need to remake PZ1 because the control system is horrible. Who made those analog sticks unswitchable? I can't go back to it today. I'm not sure if the Xbox version allowed you to do it, but it's not backward compatible anyway.
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/13/2012 9:08:03 PM
For the US, Fatal Frame 1 is indeed backwards compatible, and honestly, I agree that the game should've been remade as well. Oh God does it piss me off royally when you get attacked by a ghost while opening a door, talk about making for plenty a cheap death sequence.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#4PsychoDantisPosted 5/1/2012 7:20:02 AM

*PZ1 seemed to have much more accurate raytracing which for a game like this actually helped the atmosphere, going up the first staircase in PZ1 where you can see the light splitting through the stairs is a perfect example.

Not to nitpick, but that is most certainly not raytracing. I can only assume you mean shadow casting? But I don't see how that could be more accurate, seeing it's either working or it isn't. There's not degree of quality in terms of the angle at which the shadow is cast.
---
Yes, I am that good.
#5ElectricMolePosted 5/1/2012 12:44:33 PM
PZ1 was supposed to be remade for 3DS, but nintendo's president Iwata rejected Tecmo's proposal and insisted to take a gimmicky route for the 3DS game.

http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=80827
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#6ExternicaPosted 5/12/2012 3:11:32 AM
Me, too.
To me, PZ2 is the weakest of the series. Which doesn't mean much, since it's my favourite horror game-series.
The first game is one of my all-time-favourites and I play through this game every now and then. I have a lot of fond memories being too scared to enter the next room out of fear, a ghost might pop up or something else happens. Good times playing it with lights off and all alone in the cellar~.
#7PsychoDantisPosted 5/12/2012 10:59:44 AM

Me, too.
To me, PZ2 is the weakest of the series. Which doesn't mean much, since it's my favourite horror game-series.
The first game is one of my all-time-favourites and I play through this game every now and then. I have a lot of fond memories being too scared to enter the next room out of fear, a ghost might pop up or something else happens. Good times playing it with lights off and all alone in the cellar~.

I'm the opposite. I found Project Zero 1 to be the least scary, and to have by far the weakest story. The second is one of my favourite games ever, so I'm pretty happy with this.
---
Yes, I am that good.
#8AmethystRainePosted 5/13/2012 2:46:23 AM
I agree,it was the first in the series it should be the first to be remade.Sadly that isnt how these things work out.Look at Silent Hill for example,they remade SH2 and 3 but not one,which many want to see a remake of including myself. SH1 isnt popular enough to warrant that kind of attention. Anyway, on to the other points you've mentioned, I dont think FF1 story is stronger,far from it,its the most basic out of them all if you really think about it.They cut out alot of stuff from that game which I would like to see in a remake,if they do one. But something about FF1 is creepier then the other games.It might be the old graphics that make the ghost seem that way,that and they are more beat up looking.
#9Malek86Posted 5/13/2012 11:34:56 AM
AmethystRaine posted...
I agree,it was the first in the series it should be the first to be remade.Sadly that isnt how these things work out.Look at Silent Hill for example,they remade SH2 and 3 but not one,which many want to see a remake of including myself. SH1 isnt popular enough to warrant that kind of attention.

Uh, if anything, Silent Hill was the only one to get a remake (however contested it is among fans), while Silent Hill 2/3 only got upscaled ports, and not even particularly good ones at that.
#10DragoonGriffithPosted 5/13/2012 12:04:04 PM
Malek86 posted...
AmethystRaine posted...
I agree,it was the first in the series it should be the first to be remade.Sadly that isnt how these things work out.Look at Silent Hill for example,they remade SH2 and 3 but not one,which many want to see a remake of including myself. SH1 isnt popular enough to warrant that kind of attention.

Uh, if anything, Silent Hill was the only one to get a remake (however contested it is among fans), while Silent Hill 2/3 only got upscaled ports, and not even particularly good ones at that.

That's an understatement.