Here's what could make this game amazing...

#1jokooPosted 4/10/2011 6:26:27 PM

The only thing that could save this game in my opinion was downloadable content including the following:

- Online multiplayer. This would have 2 modes. One that used all the mechanics of this 3ds version... and a "classic mode" that used all the mechanics of puzzle bobble 1 (which entails pure skill rather than luck). It is key that when you pop more than 3 bubbles it puts bubbles on the other person's side.

- Modified options for the "guide bubbles". The guide bubblesby defualt would then onlylast for the first 3 levels or so. From then, they would only turn on if youfailed a level. This was exactly the same mechanic as in Puzzle Bobble 1. Also, if someone kept losing over and over in multiplayer it would give them guide bubbles.

- Some sort of effeciency mode where points were based on making the least amount of moves in the least amount of time.

- More puzzles. aka just a new re-hash of a harder Puzzle Mode.

- Classic Mode. Where there were no special bubbles or power-ups. Just pure match 3 bubble pop action that requires skill and not cheap flashy tricks for people like me.

By far the best part that would give it replay would be online multiplayer and I think the classic would really catch on because it really is based on skill instead of just eye candy and luck. I hope someone that has developed this game reads this and gives me credit when they fully realize my ideas are awesome an implement this. Your welcome for saving your game, put my check in the mail.

Oh and PS- drop the retail of the game by atleast $10. What you are charging how for the amount of content makes me want to vomit. And while you are making money now, you will repel fans later on.

PPS- change the name back to Puzzle Bobble. Bust-a-Move is alame name in my opinion.

#2mjc0961Posted 4/15/2011 1:08:31 AM

- Classic Mode. Where there were no special bubbles or power-ups. Just pure match 3 bubble pop action that requires skill and not cheap flashy tricks for people like me.

That's already in the game, it's called not pressing the button that uses the special bubbles. If you decide to use them, you have no one to blame for the "cheap flashy tricks" but yourself. You're the one who opted to use them; the game didn't force them on you. I never use them and I have just as much fun as any other Bust a Move.

By far the best part that would give it replay would be online multiplayer and I think the classic would really catch on because it really is based on skill instead of just eye candy and luck

Maybe you didn't notice, but this game has always relied on luck. What color bubble will you get, is it the green one you need to bust the puzzle wide open, or is it a yellow one that you don't need? It's always been luck and it's always going to be luck.

PPS- change the name back to Puzzle Bobble. Bust-a-Move is alame name in my opinion.

Changing the name would throw off a lot of fans who don't know what Puzzle Bobble is. Bust a Move as the name should stay regardless of lameness.
---
YOU'RE a pie chart.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=mjc0961
#3jokoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2011 7:23:04 AM

Wow you sound angry.

Hey, im not saying to take the special moves out of the game. I am saying to put in a classic mode. Andmy skill comment andfrustration with the seriescomes from previous bust-a-moves where its obvious the designer didn't get the concept of the game. Where a "chain reaction" mechanicclears the whole screen and a mechanic where you can bounce bubbles off the ceiling if you don't want them anymore.

I literally used to have tournaments at my house. Entire partys where puzzle bobble was the main reason everyone was there. Iknow what I am talking about here. I've been waiting patiently for the series to get a sequel right.

I also understand that changing the series name would throw some people off, but I think it would attract bubble bobble players and other people would figure it out. If you look at it without knowing the series, bust-a-move is a realy lame and a inappropriate name for the game. The whole goal would be to attract new people with the name change. I'm sure the fans would eventualy understand it was the same game.

And I'm not saing this game sucks. This version if the game is really awesome and polished. At its core, its the best version to come out since the first one imo. BUT...Its just really short, lacking content,and other than getting all the achievements, there isn't much for replay value after beating the game in 5 hours. Versus, especially online, would really help here.

#4jokoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2011 7:27:05 AM

And as far as luck. I don't mind luck factoring in. Poker is a good game..alot of it is luck. I love the randomness of the bubbles when you are shooting.

But you need a system that lets skill override luck most of the time. Giving someone the abilit to wipe outnearly thewhole screen, especially if there was a versus mode, could erase having skill factor in. Luck is great for unforseen comebacks though and adds to excitement. But I supposed my luck comment was more directed towards previous versions of the game that ruined versus modes by not having a mode with mechanics derived from puzzle bobble 1.