Tales of the Abyss is a prime example of why region locking sucks in my eyes

#1BigReedPosted 2/4/2012 11:07:59 AM
This is a game I would have imported from when it received it's english release in the European region.

From a business perspective, I'm confused as to why they would do this, unless of course this is some sort of strategy to fight piracy and have a better control of all the major video game regions.

Anybody else agree or disagree?
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#2No1InparticularPosted 2/4/2012 11:43:51 AM(edited)
You want the game early that badly? Go buy the PS2 version. Also, please be aware that Europe didn't get the PS2 version at all while we got it five years ago.

Tales of the Abyss isn't a great example of why region locking sucks. It would in the case of games like Xenoblade that hasn't yet been released in the US while Europe got it last year. That's a prime example of why region locking sucks.

Namco of America said they're releasing the game later than Europe because of the crowded holiday competition. Do you know how many big-name games came out in the last 2 months of last year?
---
Not changing until a third Okami game is announced.
http://www.youtube.com/user/No1Inparticular1
#3BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2012 11:56:35 AM
No1Inparticular posted...
You want the game early that badly? Go buy the PS2 version. Also, please be aware that Europe didn't get the PS2 version at all while we got it five years ago.

Tales of the Abyss isn't a great example of why region locking sucks. It would in the case of games like Xenoblade that hasn't yet been released in the US while Europe got it last year. That's a prime example of why region locking sucks.

Namco of America said they're releasing the game later than Europe because of the crowded holiday competition. Do you know how many big-name games came out in the last 2 months of last year?

1) I'm posting on the Tales of the Abyss 3ds board for a reason. Did you seriously just suggest I buy an entirely different product?

2) Xenoblade is a very great example of why region locking sucks. BUT while I am interested in the game, I am not very excited to be playing it on the Wii. That's my personal opinion, which I won't dive too much into.

3) Yes I am aware of the amount of games that came out in the past two months. I bought about 10 newly released games during that period. My point mainly deals with the 3ds and nintendo's decision to region lock the system, when the ds was region free.

I would have gladly imported Abyss.

4) I thought this board would have been friendlier. Normally niche games on gamefaqs have good communities.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#4Judqement8Posted 2/4/2012 12:30:00 PM

Did you seriously just suggest I buy an entirely different product?

Are you kidding me?

Please go whine somewhere else. You are getting the game soon enough anyway...