how to use second Mystic Arte

#1sing_lionessPosted 2/21/2012 9:19:10 PM
ok so i know u need to have beaten the once before and im about to start it but i cant find where these requirements are for them to use it what are they?
i know Jades needs thunder blade use of like 200 from what i have read on the boards but the other no clue...help plz
---
"The only cure for stupidity is death." Yuri Lowell
#2LabyrinthMindPosted 2/21/2012 9:28:46 PM
All of them require that you've gone on to NG+.

After that, the requirements vary.

Luke's is as annoyingly restricted as Lloyd's Falcon Crest... <15% HP, specific weapon, specific title (I think), attack+arte+block to trigger. Hell, that type of pesky setup goes all the way back to Phantasia.

On the other hand, Tear merely needs to cast Judgement in OL to trigger hers (The prerequisite is all six hymn spells used 100 times)

Guy's is 150 uses of Final Cross, then cast Final Cross in OL while under 50% I think.

Jade is 200 Thunder Blades, hold OL button during OL.

Anise needs a lot of uses of Lucky, then use Lucky in OL.

Natalia needs 100 uses of Piercing Line, then use Piercing Line in OL with Elven Bow equipped.

At least the coliseum weapons don't horribly outclass the weapons needed for the second mystic artes... the Materia Blade in symphonia was a serious step down from other options.
#3Metarius6Posted 2/21/2012 9:30:51 PM

Guy's is 150 uses of Final Cross, then cast Final Cross in OL while under 50% I think.

He needs the Jewel of Gardios (I think that's the name) equipped as well.
#4sing_lioness(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2012 9:34:31 PM
i dont think i have the New game+ option i have continued where i can use the clear saved data and go to grade shop or is that it?
---
"The only cure for stupidity is death." Yuri Lowell
#5Number1YoshiFanPosted 2/21/2012 9:49:47 PM

Words

You forgot about the extensions. Luke, Tear, and Anise all have extensions for their first Mystic Arte if you just hold the attack button throughout it. Luke's requires Ion to be in the party to use it.
---
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller
#6VeghEstherPosted 2/22/2012 9:58:31 AM(edited)
Its not really called a NG+ option so simply load a save file where you saved after the final boss dies to be sent to the grade shop.

After spending whatever you want grade shop wise the game starts all over again and the 2nd Mystic Artes (not Luke's low HP one) can be done as soon as you meet its requirements.

As for Fortune Arks extension just keep on having the normal attack button held down but remember Fortune Ark itself needs all 6 songs at x50 uses and everysong that isn't Nightmare is very costly so its best to get the 50 uses on a 1st playthrough and transfer over artes uses.

As for Luke's low HP 2nd one its can really only be used spoilers:-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-after you beat Asch solo Luke final dungeon but before the next boss fight after that starts.

Too bad the item that Luke needs to equip actually restores his own HP making it hard to have less then 15% of it left.
#7ZeroX25Posted 2/22/2012 10:49:43 AM
VeghEsther posted...
Too bad the item that Luke needs to equip actually restores his own HP making it hard to have less then 15% of it left.

That's false, as soon as you get the complete Key of Lorelei you automatically lose the Jewel, the Jewel is the one that heals 10% HP and TP gradually.
---
Boredom is awesome.
I got owned by A Stupid Crayon.
#8VeghEstherPosted 2/23/2012 7:37:40 AM
But isn't the jewel NOT the sword the one that needs Fon Drive to use it if so its very hard to have Luke on low enough HP.