Quick Question

#1AlbinosquidPosted 5/2/2012 3:19:18 PM
I'm thinking of getting this game. I know the entire plot due to watching a Lets Play on YT and watching the anime.

However, its a tales game and a fun looking one at that BUT I haven't played one in english forever because i'm used to importing them all.

Soooo does the english version of this game have a dual voice track so I can switch it to the Japanese voice acting? If not can I turn the voices off completely? Thanks :0
---
Fave Games: Final Fantasy IX, Avalon Code, Dragon Quest IV, Knights in the Nightmare, Threads of Fate, Rune Factory(1,2,3), Phantom Brave, and PoPoLoCrois <3
#2MillaMacPosted 5/2/2012 3:40:54 PM
Albinosquid posted...
Soooo does the english version of this game have a dual voice track so I can switch it to the Japanese voice acting? If not can I turn the voices off completely? Thanks :0

no and yes. Though I would say the dub isn't awful by any means the acting is actually one of the reasons I enjoyed this game so much.
---
Official Apollo Justice of the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney board
AMERICAN Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/56061026
#3SatarackPosted 5/2/2012 4:11:41 PM
Yeah, the voice acting is pretty good; particularly Jade's. Synch's voice acting feels a little bland to me; but that's the only thing I'd complain about.
---
QI, the only fake gameshow that will take points away from panelists for false positive answers in previous episodes.
#4Albinosquid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 6:00:05 PM
The reason I want it off in the first place is Luke and other characters cuss every so often and it irks me. Its not really a prefernce over ENG VS JPN voices or anything.

Another question though, If I turn the voices off will I still hear Tear's singing in battle and in certain VA scenes?
---
Fave Games: Final Fantasy IX, Avalon Code, Dragon Quest IV, Knights in the Nightmare, Threads of Fate, Rune Factory(1,2,3), Phantom Brave, and PoPoLoCrois <3
#5DishSoapPosted 5/2/2012 6:21:19 PM
sync's voices actor is the worst, other than that the va isnt bad
#6MillaMacPosted 5/2/2012 6:30:35 PM
Albinosquid posted...
The reason I want it off in the first place is Luke and other characters cuss every so often and it irks me. Its not really a prefernce over ENG VS JPN voices or anything.

Another question though, If I turn the voices off will I still hear Tear's singing in battle and in certain VA scenes?

No it's tied to the VA if you turn off battle voices tear sits there casting it makes coordination a bit tougher since you wont know what spell is being used till it is displayed. As for in events I do not know i've never turned the VA off during them
---
Official Apollo Justice of the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney board
AMERICAN Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/56061026
#7Albinosquid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 7:05:24 PM
Ah alright then, thanks
---
#8Ampharos64Posted 5/3/2012 6:17:32 PM
Albinosquid posted...

Hmm, I did feel that it was quite restrained with that, that they use fairly mild swear words, don't really swear excessively and only in situations where it's believable the character would (the few times Jade swears had a fair bit of impact, because he doesn't often, and it's generally a sign things are really not good), so if you can put up with it I would say it's not worth turning off the (very good) VA due to it. Actually, I think the Japanese version may be a bit worse for language. XD
---
Currently waiting for the UK release of Tales of Graces f!