still can't make mystic artes work! :(

#1rinoa05_1987Posted 5/11/2012 10:16:20 AM
I've currently got everyone between level 31 and 32, and I still cannot manually initiate a mystic arte. I've only ever had the computer initiate one on its own too, which is frustrating because I'm trying to beat the 2nd sword dancer, and all of my characters are going into overlimit but not using the mystic artes.
I've tried going into over limit and then holding A after completing a fonic arte (like it says to do), I've tried holding A and then completing an fonic arte, and I've button mashed in frustration, all to no avail.
so my question is this: is there a specific fonic arte you have to use in order to initiate a mystic arte, or is it something I just have to pray will eventually work for me.
#2anime_kamisamaPosted 5/11/2012 10:39:34 AM
You have to use the higher level artes. For example, for Luke you'd use an arcane arte such as Guardian Field or Light Spear Cannon. Either that, or an FOF Change will allow you to initiate a Hi Ougi.
---
"Mezawari nandayo! Boku no menomae kara... kie noshimae! Majin Rengokusatsu!"
#3rinoa05_1987(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 10:46:07 AM
thanks very much!
#4CatMutoPosted 5/11/2012 10:46:56 AM
anime_kamisama posted...
Either that, or a FOF Change will allow you to initiate a Hi Ougi.

Personally, I've never seen this work.
Depending on the character, you either need to use an Arcane Arte, a Hymn or a high leveled spell to initiate a Hi Ougi. Arcane Artes and high level Spells are recognizeable by the border around the sword symbol at the side of the arte's name.

In Tear's case, you need to start any Hymn and press A. Her second Hi Ougi requires Judgement, but that's a different case.

Jade's case is the worst, because he doesn't gain a high level spell until he is level 36 (Ground Dasher) and no matter how often I've attempted to create a FoF change to initiate a Hi Ougi prior to unlocking Ground Dasher, it didn't work.

C-A
---
A woman always has the last word in an argument. Say something against it, you just started a new argument.
#5anime_kamisamaPosted 5/11/2012 11:17:08 AM
Hm, is that so? I've gotten it to happen every time with Luke and Guy's FOF. Perhaps it only works with Strike Artes and not Fonic Artes.
---
"Mezawari nandayo! Boku no menomae kara... kie noshimae! Majin Rengokusatsu!"
#6VeghEstherPosted 5/11/2012 5:59:10 PM
Guy/Anise/Natalia/Luke ALL need Arcane artes triggered ie any that cost more then 18 TP per use.

The ONLY way for Jade to first use Mystic Cage is with Ground Dasher which is first gained at level 36, until Tear hits level 46 (holy lance usable) she will be stuck using Nightmare only to trigger hers.

Also while the AI can use theirs its also possible to turn the required AD skill OFF out of battle.

Also for Natalia if you can't do the quest to learn Galant Barrage because its too late she won't gain a Arcane arte until level 32 or so.
#7Nightblade XPosted 5/11/2012 10:27:41 PM
Note that for Luke and Guy, not only do you have to use an Arcane Arte or FOF Altered Arte but the final hit of the arte has to connect with an enemy. Natalia's Mystic Arte definitely doesn't require that and I don't think Anise's does either. Jade and Tear trigger their Mystic Artes using fonic artes/hymns so it doesn't apply to them.
---
sig
#8DemonSlayer92Posted 5/12/2012 10:24:52 AM(edited)
anime_kamisama posted...
You have to use the higher level artes. For example, for Luke you'd use an arcane arte such as Guardian Field or Light Spear Cannon. Either that, or an FOF Change will allow you to initiate a Hi Ougi.

The Hell is a "Hi Ougi"?
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus
#9MillaMacPosted 5/12/2012 10:54:19 AM
DemonSlayer92 posted...
anime_kamisama posted...

The Hell is a "Hi Ougi"?

The japanese name for mystic arte
---
Official Apollo Justice of the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney board
AMERICAN Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/56061026
#10DemonSlayer92Posted 5/12/2012 11:10:35 AM(edited)
Might as well just type the whole thing in Japanese, then, if you're going to use the Japanese name.

Oh wait.
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus