Which mystic arte is the most powerful?

#1XOMNIBUSXPosted 6/19/2012 3:53:36 AM
Stats and bosses aside, and including all extensions and 2nd playthrough mystic arte. Which character has the best mystic arte? In order from strongest to weakest. Right now i feel tears fortune arc+extension(cause of damage and stat buffs) is the strongest, and natalia's astral rain is the weakest. Im not really sure about any of the others. What do you guys think?
#2SynyardPosted 6/19/2012 4:34:25 AM
Anise and Tear get the best ones, as usual.
Jade and Natalia get the short ends, as usual.

Luke:
Radiant Howl - 1000
Ion - 1025
Together - 2025
Lost Fon Drive - 2600

Guy:
Razing Phoenix - 1000
Brilliant Overlord - 2600

Tear:
Innocent Shine - 1200
Fortune's Ark - 1500
Extension - 450
Together - 1950

Jade:
Mystic Cage - 1200
Indignation - 1800

Anise:
Final Fury - 1200
Dying Moon - 900
Together - 2100
Fever Time - 3000

Natalia:
Astral Rain - 950
Noble Roar - 2400
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
#3DarkLink50Posted 6/19/2012 8:15:16 AM
^this and keep in mind that some are more effective in terms of area damage.
---
Im not replacing this sig. until more Tales games are localised.
#4XOMNIBUSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:30:48 PM
Synyard posted...
Anise and Tear get the best ones, as usual.
Jade and Natalia get the short ends, as usual.

Luke:
Radiant Howl - 1000
Ion - 1025
Together - 2025
Lost Fon Drive - 2600

Guy:
Razing Phoenix - 1000
Brilliant Overlord - 2600

Tear:
Innocent Shine - 1200
Fortune's Ark - 1500
Extension - 450
Together - 1950

Jade:
Mystic Cage - 1200
Indignation - 1800

Anise:
Final Fury - 1200
Dying Moon - 900
Together - 2100
Fever Time - 3000

Natalia:
Astral Rain - 950
Noble Roar - 2400

Thnx for this list! Looks like jade def has the worst. But natalia's noble roar is looking pretty good. It doesnt take health requirements like luke and guy's second m. arte and hits a kind of a big area. And wow, why the heck is lost fon drive not the most powerful!!? You have to be nearly no health to use it and its not anything special =/, shame.
#5VeghEstherPosted 6/20/2012 9:53:13 AM(edited)
Damage wise for the first playthrough ones Mystic Cage but yet Mystic Cage I kind of had outdamage most 2nd playthrough ones as well that is until I learned ALL AD skills.

Fever Time is kind of useless if you don't end the fight since 20,000 gald is still a lot to spend on a MA.

I also rarely made the Elven Bow IF at all and she must equip it and use Piercing Line 150 times for Nobel Roar and even then I had all other 2nd playthrough MA's outdamage it.

Then and I prefer a Guy Tear Anise and Jade party for most of the game IF possible.
#6VeghEstherPosted 6/20/2012 10:59:18 AM
As for Fortune Ark + extension even with tear's pendant on normal mode I had it only top around 15,000 damage I could possibly have Guy's first playthrough MA deal more damage then that same with Mystic Cage.

As for Indignation its OK but still had Mystic Cage deal more damage even when theirs only 1 boss target and 100 TP to spend on Jade to use Indignation isn't really worth it.
#7XOMNIBUSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 12:51:36 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Damage wise for the first playthrough ones Mystic Cage but yet Mystic Cage I kind of had outdamage most 2nd playthrough ones as well that is until I learned ALL AD skills.

Fever Time is kind of useless if you don't end the fight since 20,000 gald is still a lot to spend on a MA.

I also rarely made the Elven Bow IF at all and she must equip it and use Piercing Line 150 times for Nobel Roar and even then I had all other 2nd playthrough MA's outdamage it.

Then and I prefer a Guy Tear Anise and Jade party for most of the game IF possible.

The other 2nd mystic artes may outdamage noble roar by a little but it doesnt take low health requirements and is not 1 time use which is why i like it. If your on your second playthrough adn get gald X2 Fever time wont b as big of a deal.

Im on my 3rd playthrough on very hard adn im gunna switch to unknown once i get everyones best weapon. I use all the characters, but boss battles i always use tear/natalia, and for nebilim in unknown im gunna use tear/natalia/anise/jade since melee AI sucks.
#8VeghEstherPosted 6/21/2012 7:47:50 AM
Well still if you can't make the Elven Bow at all and most of the time by the time I made it the weapon's useless ie I could only make it after entering the final dungeon.

But while Natalia's required for Very Hard/Unknown mode the damage rate of Noble Roar kind of sucks (but so does Fever Time.)

Besides I couldn't even afford 20,000 gald for 1 use I had to save ALL 10+ million gald to by 2x Dragon Killer Swords/Holy Cross's etc for the first Chesedonia visit to deal more then 1 damage on Unknown and had under 20,000 gald left.
#9VeghEstherPosted 6/21/2012 9:16:58 AM
As for Nibelim even with all PC's at level 200 and Tutti Core used they most likely will STILL only drain 1 to 100 HP off of her.

The only way around that farm enough stat ups for 6000+ Fonic/Physical attack to do +500 else draining 1.8 million HP at 1 per hit will take forever to drain to zero.
#10SynyardPosted 6/21/2012 10:46:49 AM(edited)
VeghEsther posted...

20,000 gald is practically free after the first playthrough.

And that still wouldn't make it useless in any sense of the word. It'd be expensive(but it really sin't), but its still the strongest.

VeghEsther posted...
But while Natalia's required for Very Hard/Unknown mode the damage rate of Noble Roar kind of sucks (but so does Fever Time.)

Like Vegh says, Noble Roar is deceptively weak. Even though it has a high multiplier, the damage is really hard to pump up considering that Natalia's offensive stats are so low. Its also kinda a lot of trouble to get the Elven Bow.

However, Vegh is completely wrong about Fever Time. I'm not really sure why he states it so matter-of-factly when its simply just his wrong opinion, which in turn just leads to misinformation. Sure it costs 20k(which isn't really that much) but it has the highest multiplier in the game. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that Mystic Artes use pAtk+fAtk in their calculations. Anise probably has the highest pAtk+fAtk with Tear coming in second due to the nature of their weapons and base stats.

And, coming back to Noble Roar, Natalia probably has the very lowest pAtk+fAtk of all characters. So while the multiplier makes it look strong it isn't really. And I'll never understand why they made Astral Rain weaker than the rest when she already has so much going against her.
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis