Miracle Hammer

#1lunchEATSyouPosted 7/10/2012 2:26:18 PM
Any advantage of using Miracle Hammer instead of Bloody Howling?
#2Sadet1991Posted 7/10/2012 2:28:30 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...

whats that?
---
I hate unresonanable over priced stuff
#3lunchEATSyou(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 2:31:26 PM
Sadet1991 posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...

whats that?

It's the spell where Anise drops a giant hammer on some fool's head.
#4GlennGonzalesFePosted 7/10/2012 5:16:22 PM
Enemies that have a resistance to dark will not be that affected by Bloody Howling

Miracle hammer is less MP

Miracle hammer is the strongest move when you first get it

Enemies that have overlimit will walk through bloody howling without getting full damage while Miracle hammer is 1(or 2) hits
---
Fe is short for FEET!
#5VeghEstherPosted 7/10/2012 5:32:45 PM
But very few enemies resist dark so I'd rather still use Bloody Howling only even when monsters go into overlimits mode.
#6Keepy989Posted 7/10/2012 10:04:10 PM
The biggest downside of Miracle Hammer is that Anise says the dumbest thing while casting it.

"I'll smash you with a giant hammer!"

It just oozes quality.
#7XOMNIBUSXPosted 7/10/2012 10:11:14 PM
Miracle Hammer has a higher multipler but doesnt have the histun of bloody howling.
Miracle Hammer
1hit X7.00
Bloody Howling
11hitsX0.60
I like to use them both.
#8SynyardPosted 7/11/2012 12:41:25 PM
I don't typically bother with Miracle Hammer. It has a slow start up time so it often just completely misses faster enemies, it only has one hit so its bad for combos, it doesn't leave a FoF, and Rock Mountain can knock down enemies.

It has a really good TP cost and not a bad cast time but that is all it has going for it.
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
#9ZiggawayPosted 7/14/2012 12:21:25 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...

Yes, but only if you are using Miracle Hammer immediately after having used Bloody Howling. Then you get Rock Mountain, which is a fairly good Earth FoF. This is useful because Rock Mountain has a comparable AoE to Maelstrom (Bloody Howling's FoF), but hits harder and does a lot of damage. Also, if your opponent is resistant to water or weak to ground, Rock Mountain is superior. Otherwise, Miracle Hammer is a pretty bad spell, and Anise casts too slow anyway, you should use her for Bloody Howling or tanking, or not use her at all (like I don't) because her abysmal defenses, coupled with her low agility and HUGE hit box, make her a big time-waster for healers who could otherwise be attending a better tank or DOING DAMAGE TO OPPONENTS.
#10SynyardPosted 7/14/2012 10:37:20 PM
Ziggaway posted...
Yes, but only if you are using Miracle Hammer immediately after having used Bloody Howling. Then you get Rock Mountain, which is a fairly good Earth FoF. This is useful because Rock Mountain has a comparable AoE to Maelstrom (Bloody Howling's FoF), but hits harder and does a lot of damage. Also, if your opponent is resistant to water or weak to ground, Rock Mountain is superior. Otherwise, Miracle Hammer is a pretty bad spell, and Anise casts too slow anyway, you should use her for Bloody Howling or tanking, or not use her at all (like I don't) because her abysmal defenses, coupled with her low agility and HUGE hit box, make her a big time-waster for healers who could otherwise be attending a better tank or DOING DAMAGE TO OPPONENTS.

Quite a few things are wrong with this.

A.) Rock Mountain doesn't have as much hit stun as Maelstrom, so Maelstrom is still better in that regard. A point against Rock Mountain.
B.) Rock Mountain also knocks the enemy down, which ruins combos. Another point against it.
C.) Casting Bloody Howling and then Miracle Hammer would completely ruin Reprise and Reducer, and it would make her a much much less efficient caster if you were to do this. This should be the final nail in the coffin.
D.) You say you should use her for Bloody Howling or "tanking," which you later contradict later in the sentence with saying she has "abysmal defenses." Her defenses aren't even bad, either.
E.) Anise's Ant Lion Doll puts her at higher defenses than pretty much anyone, and even without it her defenses aren't so much lower than anyone else's to be considered "abysmal." She has very high pDef and HP compared to the other mages.
F.) Ant Lion Doll should make sure she never really has to be healed by healers except in extreme emergencies.
G.) "Big time-waster for healers" would apply more so to both Tear and Jade, so I don't really see why you would specify Anise specifically for this.
H.) She'd only waste Tear's time from healing, and well...you shouldn't plan on having Tear heal anyway. Natalia doesn't really pull enough damage to make anyone worry that she's healing instead of attacking.
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis