Some sort of side-quest in Sheridan?

#1MysterMaskPosted 12/3/2012 11:50:01 AM
I am after clearing the Absorption gate, I have the whole party, and I went to Sheridan.
I noticed a metal staircase on the left side of the meeting hall/inn, and used Mieu to kick the sort of small yellow metal switch sitting there. The steps/metal ladder rose, and climbing them got me to the left side of the inn rooms, just outside the inn, where the "save" spot is (at the left of the save spot). There is another metal yellow-ish switch that I activated using Mieu, and some sort of wheel started turning on top of the inn's roof.
There's another similar switch in front of the meeting hall that activates the fan in the ground in front of the meeting hall, and a fourth switch on the side of the town that when activated makes the water level in the Sheridan...er, bay (?) rise and fall.

...so what? what's this about?
Am I missing something?
I cannot find an explanation in the faq-s.
Many thanks for any help or suggestion.
---
Myster Mask (aka Darkwing Duck) mystermask.com
The Elitist Bastards Inc.
~ board 548
#2CatMutoPosted 12/4/2012 4:48:51 AM
Most of those switches I haven't noticed before - but the one that creates another staircase to the inn... well, it creates another stairecase to the inn. That's all.
There are sidequests in Sheridan, though, like the Blacksmith.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3MysterMask(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:13:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the answer.
Though I was wondering: if that switch just creates another stair-case for the inn, and the one at the inn just turns the wheel on the roof, and the one from the meeting-hall just turns the fan in the ground (and possibly the clock-like device in the item-shop), and the one by the bay just makes the water level go up and down....
Er, ... not much sense to make the effort to encode for all those switches, is it...
Just pondering.
---
Myster Mask (aka Darkwing Duck) mystermask.com
The Elitist Bastards Inc.
~ board 548