Hate to ask, but... *spoilers*

#1cheatermasterPosted 12/4/2012 12:05:38 AM
Do people really wanna care as to whether it was Luke or Asch who appeared at the end of the game? I mean they did kind of fused together and became one, so isn't it assumed that they're one person and possibly someone entirely new?
#2CatMutoPosted 12/4/2012 4:47:33 AM
It's really entirely up to the player and to their own opinion - Namco made it like that on purpose.
Why are people still talking and debating?
I have no idea, I wish they'd stop.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3shadowhippo1986Posted 12/4/2012 9:04:36 AM
yeah they even said in an interview once they took out a scene at they very end of the game, so that players can decide "who came back" for themselves
#4SynyardPosted 12/4/2012 1:09:04 PM
CatMuto posted...
I have no idea, I wish they'd stop.

You go on about it more than anyone else does...

Anyway, OP, it really doesn't matter. However, discussions about games can be fun! Anyone who wants to stop that is just a curmudgeon.
*cough*
---
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis
#5Policroma_SolPosted 12/5/2012 8:47:40 AM
There were a few times I was convinced of a "combo platter" ending, but in the long run, I'm not sure it makes sense anymore. That was me trying to interpret why the devs would answer about the ending the way they do, but what it comes down to is this:

1. Most outright believe Luke returned hands down, without any googling or foruming or internetting. They take it as the miracle it was intended to be, no quid pro quos. For examples, see youtube comments on the ending.

2. I can't think of many who would *prefer* Asch to return at the cost of Luke, even among the Asch fangirls. The dev quote firmly puts the ball in the player's court. Many would like both to return, but that's probably not the answer. So, are you like Jade, who accepts a Replica for the individual life that they are, or are you like Dist, who seeks to create a life to revive a dead person? Essentially, the dev quote *forces* the player to "choose" Luke as the one that made it.
#6darkzero16Posted 12/5/2012 4:15:49 PM
I haven't walked into one of these in awhile. TC your title didn't give me enough hints about what you were going to ask >=0
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10qcmde.jpg
#7Lelouch71Posted 12/6/2012 1:42:38 PM
I don't really care. I believe it's both characters. This new Luke has both Luke and Asch's memories and personality traits. I just see it as a perfect fusion.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#8helldewPosted 12/8/2012 6:22:26 PM
Considernig what the plot of the game was about i thought the ending was fair.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#9kirbymaster101Posted 12/10/2012 7:15:59 AM
shadowhippo1986 posted...
yeah they even said in an interview once they took out a scene at they very end of the game, so that players can decide "who came back" for themselves

I want to see that scene :(
#10masa8munePosted 12/10/2012 1:47:01 PM
kirbymaster101 posted...
shadowhippo1986 posted...

I want to see that scene :(

gah, is that true? if so CURSE YOU NAMCO!
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.