Which should I get?

#1airsoft246Posted 1/21/2013 1:00:46 AM
I'm back into a good ole RPG mood and a long time ago I bought symphonia and really liked it, but only got about 5-10 hours through before a Zelda game took up all my time. After reading a lot, idk which to get first:

Abyss, vesperia, symphonia?
---
gamertag:airsoft246
Friend code: 2064 9270 5047
---
#2airsoft246(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:01:39 AM
Also, mostly play games for story but gameplay of course matters
---
#3masa8munePosted 1/21/2013 1:14:01 AM
abyss and symphonia has the sight edge with the story.
vesperia has the better battlesystem.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#4VeghEstherPosted 1/21/2013 7:19:26 AM
Well if your worried about hours Symphonia and Abyss for a first run took me about 25 to 30 Vesperia took me a little closer to double that.
#5_XCrazy_DaisyX_Posted 1/22/2013 5:18:46 PM
Definitely start with Symphonia

2nd; Abyss

3rd; Vesperia *Personally havent played it yet,
but heard it's about just as good, with better fighting /prettier graphics :P
---
( \_/) :: (Tales) KRATOS ..or Lloyd For SSB4! ::
(x_O)
#6CatMutoPosted 1/23/2013 1:39:49 AM
I'd say start with Symphonia.
It's a great game, the story is somewhat cliché but then what isn't these days? The gameplay is great, some of the characters are freaking awesome... and I also suggest to play this first because the battle system is very different, so it's easier to just start with the "old" and keep going to the better ones.

Then Abyss.
Play Abyss. And don't give up 10 hours in because the protagonist is annoying, it won't last long. The battle system has been greatly approved on, the character development in the protagonist is amazing, the story is dark but not too depressing... just a really awesome game!

Then I guess Vesperia.... haven't played it, but what I've seen from the gameplay and know of the story, I just don't see the hype about it. Except Judith. Her fighting style is cool.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#7Deoxys_PrimePosted 1/24/2013 9:04:20 PM
Symphonia has the strongest story (imo.) It's also the oldest of the three titles. If you play the other two first, it might feel a little bit dated. I'd recommend it first.

Abyss has the strongest characters. They really enhanced the experience. It has the middle of the three battle systems. I prefer it to Tales of Symphonia in general. I just think the characters. The story is still very strong in this game.

I've never played Vesperia, so I can't say anything about it.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#8Megagamer1Posted 1/24/2013 10:59:11 PM
Vesperia has the most fine-tuned battle system, a Monster's Book, a gorgeous aesthetic, less-obnoxious characters and voice-acting, better AD Skills system, better crafting system, and a solid artes system. The story is weak, but more accessible than Abyss with all of its Fonon lore.
---
eh
#9Deoxys_PrimePosted 1/25/2013 6:36:50 AM
Megagamer1 posted...
Vesperia has the most fine-tuned battle system, a Monster's Book, a gorgeous aesthetic, less-obnoxious characters and voice-acting, better AD Skills system, better crafting system, and a solid artes system. The story is weak, but more accessible than Abyss with all of its Fonon lore.

I am going to argue that Abyss' characters were not obnoxious (maybe Anise and early Luke were, but even they weren't that bad) and that the technology talk wasn't even remotely cumbersome. The first time you hear a term it may confuse you, but after that it's extremely easy to pick up and adds to the experience. It added a sense of immersion for me at least.

I don't want to compare to Vesperia since I haven't played it, but I wouldn't call Abyss out on problems that weren't even that major.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#10LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/25/2013 8:38:56 AM
Megagamer1 posted...

this. Vesperia is really great.

But you should play in release order (ToS > TotA > ToV).
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.