How do I link base and arcane artes? Can I?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of the Abyss
  3. How do I link base and arcane artes? Can I?

User Info: Megagamer1

Megagamer1
3 years ago#1
I'm fresh off the heels of Vesperia, where combos were an integral component of combat. Am I able to connect artes in the same combo?

It's been about five years since I played Abyss and can't remember whether or not I could.
eh

User Info: fateoffate

fateoffate
3 years ago#2
Yes, but there's no Altered Artes.

User Info: Deoxys_Prime

Deoxys_Prime
3 years ago#3
I think you need an AD skill for it. There's another AD skill that lets you link 2 base artes in one combo as well.
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149

User Info: Synyard

Synyard
3 years ago#4
Well, you should already be able to link base artes to arcane artes so long as they're not consecutively from the same arte line(like you can't link Fang Blade>Fang Blade Havoc, or Havoc Strike>Raging Havoc).

But there are 2 AD Skills that help combos along.
Super Chain(pAtk +60, Agi +60) allows you to link arcane artes to base artes, so you can link:
base>arcane>base

And the other is Ability Plus(pAtk +80, Agi +80), which allows you to link 2 base artes together, leading to combos like:
base>base>arcane>base or
base>arcane>base>base

It MIGHT be possible to do base>base>arcane>base>base, but I really don't remember and I kinda doubt it.

But no matter what, you cannot consecutively use artes from the same line. It is okay in one combo though(like Havoc Strike>Rending Fang Blade>Havoc Strike).
"It's not working. The banana is not melting."
-Masaokis

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#5
But I only gained those 2 AD skills via Tutti Core leveling.

User Info: Megagamer1

Megagamer1
3 years ago#6
Okay, great to know!

Thanks
eh
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of the Abyss
  3. How do I link base and arcane artes? Can I?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived