Who is the better healer? (Spoilers?)

#21VeghEstherPosted 1/27/2013 10:53:12 AM(edited)
I still prefer healing everbody at once and Natalia lacks that so the ONLY time I used her is on Unknown and thats only because practically every boss can kill you in 1 hit and the AI is too stupid to use free run.

On normal/hard mode I'd rather use Revitalize as my ONLY healing spell in boss fights and use Holy Lance at the start of the fights.

Yes because Natalia also lacks AOE buffing/Attack Magic thats another reason I never use her for normal/hard mode other then against the tales of cameo fight and i had the cameo's attack faster before even Heal went off until 3 of them are dead.

Yes I had to use Revitalize in EVERY boss fight as soon as I unlocked it (Tataroo Valley daytime) on normal mod.
#22Milla_MaxwellPosted 1/27/2013 9:10:08 PM
One thing that pisses me off about Natalia:

I was fighting the Cameo Team on Unknown and she healed guy right when I activated Overlimit... This meant I could not use Brillant Overlord, so I found myself TRYING to get hit so I could use the better Mystic Arte.

It's even more difficult with Luke (Good luck even getting your health to 15% much less staying there long enough to use Lost Fon Drive.)

I think Natalia might heal a bit TOO well XD
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#23VeghEstherPosted 1/28/2013 7:47:54 AM
Well the only time I used Tear + Natalia for Normal mode is against the tales of Cameo and since I had trouble beating them at level 55 theirs no way I'd do the fight on Unknown/Very Hard even at level 200.

As for Lost Fon Drive by the time I could use it even on normal mode I only had the final boss Nibelim and Replicantis left and I still prefer using Guy over Luke.
#24samurott20Posted 2/7/2013 5:36:21 PM
I prefer tear because she can heal multiple allies at once.
#25Milla_MaxwellPosted 2/10/2013 4:37:59 PM
samurott20 posted...
I prefer tear because she can heal multiple allies at once.

Even though Natalia can heal all 4 party members before Tear can cast Revitalize.
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#26CatMutoPosted 2/10/2013 4:59:57 PM
Didn't we have this conversation topic already?
I find Natalia great for Solo Runs, because her Heal is pretty strong - even without a Carmine Chamber added. And she has buffs, although they are probably not that needed unless you are on Unknown.

Tear is weaker - but First Aid + Carmine Chamber is the same as a normal Heal - but she is a party-healer. She's the "safe" option, I guess. She automatically has a resurrection spell, along with several "stages" of healing multiple targets.

Revitalize is great, but the singing prolongs the time it takes to cast and even then, it sometimes doesn't do enough for me. Healing Circle is pretty much s*** in any Tales Game I have seen. Sadly, Tear did not have the Nurse spell like Refill in Symphonia did.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#27Milla_MaxwellPosted 2/12/2013 3:11:57 PM
CatMuto posted...
Didn't we have this conversation topic already?
I find Natalia great for Solo Runs, because her Heal is pretty strong - even without a Carmine Chamber added. And she has buffs, although they are probably not that needed unless you are on Unknown.

Tear is weaker - but First Aid + Carmine Chamber is the same as a normal Heal - but she is a party-healer. She's the "safe" option, I guess. She automatically has a resurrection spell, along with several "stages" of healing multiple targets.

Revitalize is great, but the singing prolongs the time it takes to cast and even then, it sometimes doesn't do enough for me. Healing Circle is pretty much s*** in any Tales Game I have seen. Sadly, Tear did not have the Nurse spell like Refill in Symphonia did.

C-A

To be fair, In Symphonia Healing Circle was pretty good (because the circle was actually a decent size), but it's usually forgotten because Raine gets the much more useful Nurse spell much earlier.
---
#28TalesFan2000Posted 2/12/2013 3:53:12 PM
It's really just up to who everyone wants to use, Natalia is good for one person healing and she can do some decent damage with her arcane artes, Tear is a good healer to have for like when Arietta uses Big Bang and leaves everyone with 1 HP, And her damaging spells like Eclire de Larmes and Holly Lance do some good damage, But her Fonic Hymns take a little to long to cast. Here is the way i put my party.
If i have Asch i put my party in this order: Asch, Natalia, Jade Guy.
If i have Luke i put them in this order: Luke, Tear, Jade Guy.
---
Jade: Perhaps children are children precisely because they do not realize they are children.
#29Rude HeroPosted 2/13/2013 4:56:45 AM
I have them both in my party and they both serve me well. Although admittedly Natalia healing was a bonus, I had no idea she could do it, I just wanted an archer on my team.
---
Live thine life, as thou seest fit.
#30CatMutoPosted 2/14/2013 5:05:24 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
To be fair, In Symphonia Healing Circle was pretty good (because the circle was actually a decent size), but it's usually forgotten because Raine gets the much more useful Nurse spell much earlier.

Meh, I played Symphonia a ton but Healing Circle was still a pretty bad healing spell. Even with the decent size, I still ended up having characters flung out of it or be morons and run out of it to attack enemies.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!