Share your amusing/unusual Rhythm Heaven Fever stories.

#1MottmanPosted 2/18/2012 8:07:06 AM
The first time I ever attempted the game with the dancing shrimp, I went through the practice sessions as always, but I simply could not get the timing right. I messed up so many times by bumping into the one ahead of or behind me that the game made me watch a demo. It took me dozens of tries just to get the 3-4 "sets" done in practice. Then I got to the practice where you have to pause and had the same difficulties. I have never had this kind of trouble doing a practice in a Rhythm Heaven game before, and I own all three. In fact, it got so bad that without even getting all my practice sets done, I simply ragequit the practice session and said to myself, "Heck with it, let's just get this attempt over with so I can mess it up and take a break to cool down."

So after not even being able to COMPLETE the PRACTICE for this game...I go out, only mess up in one place for the whole song, and got a "Superb" on my first try. Go figure.
---
"The new game with Kirby is all about whipping and bondage. It doesn't get more hardcore."
^ PedroMontana on Kirby's Epic Yarn
#2GTomahawkPosted 2/18/2012 9:51:20 AM
I brought it to University earlier this week and now my friends can't stop going "WOW YOU GO BIG GUY!".
---
Currently playing: Resonance of Fate, Skyrim, Sonic Generations, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
#3cheezman75Posted 2/18/2012 10:41:06 AM
I was going for a Perfect run on Samurai Slice, got all the way up to the last guy, missed the last note by a millisecond and just grazed him.

Goodbye, Perfect.
Goodbye, Pinwheel.
Goodbye, Superb rating.

And that was my third try. Now I have to wait for it to pop up again in the rotation. -_-
#4jdaster64Posted 2/18/2012 10:11:02 PM
I had a similar experience to the original poster in Love Rap, I simply could not get that "All about you!" section down, to the point where it brought up an option for the game to demonstrate it for me, or something.
---
Twilight Trail badge-grinding battles: 900
Badges: Last Stand (not kept), Happy Flower, Charge, Charge P
#5Dingle_DootiePosted 2/21/2012 5:28:58 PM
I don't really have very amusing stories yet. I only have one story: my brother watched me play some games (See-Saw, Double Date, etc.) and he mocked me, saying he could do better. I politely handed him the remote and, well, let's just say he didn't do better, and ended up with a foot in his mouth.
#6KaabisteruPosted 2/24/2012 1:06:48 PM
- Ringside appeared, and I've seen the fad appearing in Youtube. I didn't want to spoil the game's content before buying it, so I had no idea what was gonna come in.

After playing the game through... my head was in severe need of brain bleach.

And I swear, girl reporters scare me now... "WABADABADUSTHATRUE"

WOW, YOU GO BIG GUY

POSE FOR THE FANS

-Double Date was just... HHHNNNGGGGHHHH

- Going Dough appeared, and when I looked at it, the structure of the place reminded little of / Ya guessed it/ Game Watch-series " Mario's Cement Factory"-game...
Of course I just let that go because it was a meaningless moment of thought.

Yeah.

I just...

F******* DIDN'T EXPECT them to ACTUALLY REFERENCE ON IT. (Hellooooo~ Mario/Cement Factory Guy from game itself.)

I completely messed up in the beginning due that cameo.

- Catch Of The Day had those "Threefishes". When I saw them go ONONONOMNOM...

I screamed just... GHIRAFISH!

It also reminded me a lot Cookie Monster, too. (-=[]=-);
---
The Official Starfy Of Super Smash Bros. 4 Board
3DS Friend Code: 2793-0906-0731
#7Fibber_McGeePosted 2/24/2012 10:03:13 PM
Mottman, that's happened to me a number of times, where the practice kicked my ass and then I did pretty good at the actual game. I guess that means the practices are doing their job. :)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Donmilliken
#8keegster2Posted 2/27/2012 2:02:16 PM
When This Game Was About A Week From Coming To Most Stores I Was Begging My Mom & Dad For It. When We FINALLY Got The Game At A Gamestop, There Was About 5 Copies There, So I Was Lucky. But The Funny Part Is That There Was A Demo Of The Game, It Was See-Saw, Which Was My Favorite Stage Before I Played Cheer Readers.
---
Now 100 Percent Eco-friendly!
#9PaypaKlipPosted 3/3/2012 12:27:44 AM
I just remember busting out laughing the first time I heard 'rubba dubba dub is that true?' and 'let's go read a bunch of books'. hilarious. i really like how they throw in small funny things throughout the game. you really get a lot for 30.00.
---
-(==PaypaKlip==)-
#10Three_Leaf_IvyPosted 3/8/2012 7:45:32 PM
cheezman75 posted...
I was going for a Perfect run on Samurai Slice, got all the way up to the last guy, missed the last note by a millisecond and just grazed him.

Goodbye, Perfect.
Goodbye, Pinwheel.
Goodbye, Superb rating.

And that was my third try. Now I have to wait for it to pop up again in the rotation. -_-

THIS HAPPENED TO ME JUST NOW
Said "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT" really loudly and immediately turned off my console
I so mad, bro
---
What?! Oh, let me turn my music down. Yeah, cool... I'm listening.